D90 CHA error

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepanshus

May 26, 2009
Singapore
i recently got CHA error , "twice" while using D90. Upon googling, Lot of people suggested that it can be card error but i have two cards and on both the times it was with diff cards. Moreover last time CHA was followed by an F-- error.

On the CHA error, i had to remove the battery as the CAM was totally jammed and was not respond even to switch off button.

Upon the F-- error i just switched off my cam and back on again and it was working fine.

In both the cases i carried out shooting with aboslutely no further issues and also the pics on the card was fine. It was a freshly formatted card.

Did anyone here face any similar issues. Any recommendations?

What should i tell the NSC, i can not reproduce the error at all.

DeepS

i recently got CHA error , "twice" while using D90. Upon googling, Lot of people suggested that it can be card error but i have two cards and on both the times it was with diff cards. Moreover last time CHA was followed by an F-- error.

On the CHA error, i had to remove the battery as the CAM was totally jammed and was not respond even to switch off button.

Upon the F-- error i just switched off my cam and back on again and it was working fine.

In both the cases i carried out shooting with aboslutely no further issues and also the pics on the card was fine. It was a freshly formatted card.

Did anyone here face any similar issues. Any recommendations?

What should i tell the NSC, i can not reproduce the error at all.

DeepS

good news, maybe one time incident,

cheers

Mayb you can ask them wat causes the error...though here might be an isolated incident, im sure NSC might chk with their overseas counterpart

I too have experienced the CHA error on my D90 and like Deepanshus have no idea what causes or how to reproduce the error. Since it's easily rectifiable and only occurs about once a month I haven't worried about it too much.

Had that problem before... "CHA Error" when i was using a brand new SanDisk 8GB SDHC memory card... I have to like off and on the camera will be back to normal. Then one day, I realised that i could only snapped anout 40+ pictures and it happened again. Then it shows CHA Err. I have to like format the memory card and maximum shot only 40 again. FInally when i switch to a new memory card.. then it never happen.
My conclusion: I got a bad copy Sandisk Memory card. Went to the agent and got a new one for change. SInce it is lifetime warranty. DOnt lose the receipt.

Recommendation for TS : I suggest if such thing happens.. you should check your memory card for bad sectors.. Might be the problem. But forthe F-- Error, I encountered it before.. and googling it showed that such error is due to the contact point of your lens to your body.

how do you check for bad sectors on card? can you run a chkdsk on it!!

do a search for this error wrt to the d70, i remember it being brought up a long long time ago, perhaps can shed some light on your situation

If it is still under warranttee ask NSC to check if it persists. I lived with intermittent problems for a few years with my D70 until I couldnt stand it and asked them to check. Turned out that th card reader was faulty. B ut bec it was not under warranttee, had to pay for the repairs ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.