d800 vs d3s is it worth the extra US$1,000

djfling

Apr 10, 2012
i'm eyeing on d800 and i have saved enough money already.
then it came to my thought on buying a d3s instead...

my question: is the d3s worth the extra +/- US$1,000?

im not an hardcore shooter but yet never hurts to have a pro body except hurting your wallet.

Totally different purposes. You need to ask yourself if you need more resolution at low ISO, or if you mainly just need clean high ISO.

iso of d800 is enough for me
mp of d3s is enough for me
wont hurt to have extra mp
wont hurt to have extra iso
Totally different purposes. You need to ask yourself if you need more resolution at low ISO, or if you mainly just need clean high ISO.

"Won't hurt" is relative. You need to know what your shooting style is and what you prefer shooting. If you still haven't figured out the areas you specialize in, you need to do some self-reflection.

"Won't hurt" is relative. You need to know what your shooting style is and what you prefer shooting. If you still haven't figured out the areas you specialize in, you need to do some self-reflection.

i need iso more than mp but the iso of d800 is good enough for me...

i need iso more than mp but the iso of d800 is good enough for me...
then your question is answered by yourself... if the iso of D800 is good enough, then it is good enough... worth in any case is judged by the individual, so ultimately only you can judge the worth of something to you...

Since you are so rich and won't hurt, why don't you buy both of them ? :bsmilie:

im sure you will not use iso above 1600 iso
so choose the new technology

Buy one, you regret not getting the other. Buy the other, you regret not getting the first one.

Do everything without regret. Even if with regret, don't post... haha...

Hi, if you wanna compare from d800 vs D3s and better grab d700 lah, value for money.
No regret for d700 FX format

Since Iso and MP of both bodies are ok to you, you may need to consider the IQ level, fps and dynamic range of both bodies.

If you are hobbyist, I also recommend you to buy a D700 since it is a decent all rounder with good price. For the saving in body purchase, you can get another good lens.

If you only consider d800 and d3s, please refer to the the first part of my reply. Thanks