D800 User Thread II

daredevil123 said:
TIFF is sort of like a glorified uncompressed JPEG.

Apparently it is still a common format in the print and creative industry. I don't know if this is a legacy thing, as I believe there are other lossless formats that are superior. Anyone in the industry can confirm?

I personally never bothered with TIFF.

Blur Shadow said:
Apparently it is still a common format in the print and creative industry. I don't know if this is a legacy thing, as I believe there are other lossless formats that are superior. Anyone in the industry can confirm?

I personally never bothered with TIFF.

I can't speak for others but when doing layouts all images are in TIFF format for us. You could be right that its a legacy thing.

Im a D300s. And a casual shooter
I shoot families, friends, landscapes and at times, function too (small one that is)
Do you think I shld get D8oo (*0*)

Im a D300s. And a casual shooter
I shoot families, friends, landscapes and at times, function too (small one that is)
Do you think I shld get D8oo (*0*)

Hi, Bro
Now the D800 & D600 is just like korean gangnam style, either you choose on D600 & D800 you also can dance like gangam stlye,
Once you jump to D600 has different story, unless you wanna pay for extra for D800 :)

Good morning, all.

Took the D800 to Bintan this week. Here's a shot from the trip:

8084676202_9b695ef712_c.jpg

Good morning, all.

Took the D800 to Bintan this week. Here's a shot from the trip:

8084676202_9b695ef712_c.jpg

nice - the purple colour cast of the photo is caused by the ND filters or you changed it in PP?

Added in PP. I liked it to look a bit gloomy and mysterious.

The hitech prostop does have a bit of a color cast, but it's more blueish than purple. Easily fixable if one is shooting RAW. :)

Added in PP. I liked it to look a bit gloomy and mysterious.

The hitech prostop does have a bit of a color cast, but it's more blueish than purple. Easily fixable if one is shooting RAW. :)

Haha, thanks for the confirmation :)

I was guessing the HiTech prostop cos I also own one ;p

Haha yeah, got tired of waiting for the Lee big stopper which is never ever in stock. :D

Heard from T K that might have to wait until next year lol :bsmilie:

G-man said:
I can't speak for others but when doing layouts all images are in TIFF format for us. You could be right that its a legacy thing.

Shot in raw loss less then after conversion save as tiff. In tiff the colour temperature and all settings already cast in stone. Raw keeps the unprocessed info and can change anytime.

diediealsomustdive said:
Shot in raw loss less then after conversion save as tiff. In tiff the colour temperature and all settings already cast in stone. Raw keeps the unprocessed info and can change anytime.

Shoot always in RAW but the final output i always save as TIFF since the images will be used in commercial printing in my case.

Fellw, any recommendation for a camera bag. Which could decently hold my D800 attached with 24-70mm f/2.8 and flash at times. Something which is not very obvious and bulk,

Fellw, any recommendation for a camera bag. Which could decently hold my D800 attached with 24-70mm f/2.8 and flash at times. Something which is not very obvious and bulk,

I use TT Retrospec 7
Shd be able to fit that set + Ipad and wallet and stuff

I'm using Billingham Pro, quite good :)

My D800 had the left focus problem. Got it back from nikon servicing today and preliminary results look promising. Nothing scientific, but when i focus at distant objects with 85mm AF-D at 1.4 using extreme right, left and center, the details are as sharp as live view. Will try with a wide angle lens on a tripod tonight. Point is, Singapore's nsc may now be able to correct the problem. fingers crossed!

To neesavi,
I am using the billingham hadley pro (3 years and counting. Still looks new). Can fit the body and lens comfortably, except unless you attach a 70-200 to the body and expect the store it as is. If you want to know more about the bag, PM.