D800 sample images out

Ansel said:
Uncle, which picture is that for D800?

Huh? These are supposedly photos taken *BY* the D800. Not picture of the D800 itself lah.

Huh? These are supposedly photos taken *BY* the D800. Not picture of the D800 itself lah.

izumi | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Supposedly D800 + 24-70mm f2.8 @ ISO 6400! ... salivating man...

Downloaded the original and took a zoom-in look at the corner blank wall... ISO 6400?!?!? WOW!!! I WANT!!! I WANT!!!

Last edited:
The pictures did look impressive. I'm sure there is one last thing that will "impress" us and that is the price. :bsmilie:

This looks good, real good. Good news it seems.

Iso 6400 looks really clean and much better than d700. Of course usually they show and leak only good images in good shooting conditions but still amazing.

Some describe the D4 as only an incremental update to the D3S but it seems that the D800 is a reasonable leap over the D700. The 36mp thing opens up way more possibilities for pros and amatuers alike.

I am actually thinking of dropping the dual D3S idea and use one D800 with one D3S instead for increased versatilty and cost savings. Imagine the possibilities of 36mp for landscape shooters, commercial studio and fashion shooters, and for wedding photogs, how about now selling huge prints of formal family groups? No more needing upsizing software like BlowUp etc. Bird shooters can crop more and still get good size files.

Foresee huge price falling soon for D700. Had sold both my units fast.

izumi | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Supposedly D800 + 24-70mm f2.8 @ ISO 6400! ... salivating man...

Downloaded the original and took a zoom-in look at the corner blank wall... ISO 6400?!?!? WOW!!! I WANT!!! I WANT!!!

Nowhere in the photostream or even in Nikonrumors did they say it is 6400... Even the admin says he don't know. ISO6400 was another pic that was removed much earlier, and the noise in that one was way way worse.

I'll believe it when I see it.

If it is 36M, then it is just a FF version of D7000 sensor.

Everyone know how that sensor performs already what.... it is probably on par with the current D700 in terms of noise after you upzise it due to the finer grain.

Same for me.
With such high pixel density I wonder how they can reconstruct the sensor to surpass the light-collecting ability of a good 12MP sensor by so much.

Will wait for photos from those who pre-ordered, especially badly-taken ones. :p

Nowhere in the photostream or even in Nikonrumors did they say it is 6400... Even the admin says he don't know. ISO6400 was another pic that was removed much earlier, and the noise in that one was way way worse.

I'll believe it when I see it.

... checkout the complaints on nikonrumors about the handshake in the image, the poor lighting and the skinny model -__-

A full frame D7000 sensor sounds good to me.

I am inclined to believe that tech is going to be better than 2006/2007 the D700/D3 sensors came from anyway.

JasonB said:
A full frame D7000 sensor sounds good to me.

I am inclined to believe that tech is going to be better than 2006/2007 the D700/D3 sensors came from anyway.

NR reporting that it will be a full frame Sony NEX-7 sensor - which got rave reviews on DPreview.

Don't quite understand why Sony will allow this for a competitor. Oh well... As an end user, as long as it is good...

NR reporting that it will be a full frame Sony NEX-7 sensor - which got rave reviews on DPreview.

Don't quite understand why Sony will allow this for a competitor. Oh well... As an end user, as long as it is good...

sony earns by selling the sensor to Nikon. i believe they earn more this way than by selling their cameras and lenses.