D800 problem

pinkpan

Jul 4, 2010
Hi, I heard from a friend the new D800 has firmware issue. How true is this and what was the issue?

Thanks

Hi, I heard from a friend the new D800 has firmware issue. How true is this and what was the issue?

Thanks

Ask/read on the many D800 threads in the Nikon forum. We are not an information service, you can read up on your own. :)

Sorry, I have never treat this forum as information service. I have read the D800 threads and cannot find any issues, specifically about the camera hanging as I was told.

If I had posted in the wrong thread, just let me know.

Sorry, I have never treat this forum as information service. I have read the D800 threads and cannot find any issues, specifically about the camera hanging as I was told.

If you cannot find any issues in the threads.. then most probably there are no issues...

many people trying looking for faults on new cameras, can make a mountain out of mole hill any time, if you are looking for such problems, can easily Google "D800 problem" and join in the fun.

but if you are looking for minor hiccup of new camera, best is wait for some time to get the camera, let manufacture iron out the issue first.

if I'm not wrong you mention you won't get the FX so soon, so why you worry now? by the time might be non issue at already.

You can also ask your friend. If he also only heard it from a friend who knows somebody who's uncle had the cam in his hand...

Yup.. I wanted to stop the hear say thing coz a friend of mine thinking of getting soon. I read kenrockwell reviews and he din mention such problem also. So to convince my friend, I like to reference clubsnap coz I think this is the biggest and truthful photography forum around.

For myself if I were to upgrade, d800 is one of my choices. You are right, I'm not in urgency to upgrade yet. :)

Thanks all once again.

Take Ken Rockwell with a good pinch of salt as well. He gets carried away with his own opinion at times.

I like to reference clubsnap coz I think this is the biggest and truthful photography forum around.

What makes you think that? I'm willing to bet a large % of the Nikon users here also read.believe Ken Rockwell.

FYI, if you did a search and don't see any issues, wouldn't basic, primary school logic then imply that nobody reported/knows/heard of such issues, so you should ask your "friend" what the issue is? If all he can say is "firmware lah! firmware lah!" then it's obvious he has no idea what he is talking about.

There is serious firmware issue with D800, so if your friend has already got it tell him I can take it off his hand for 500sgd. :p

every camera has its inherent positives and negatives.

if you're waiting for the perfect camera, there isn't one.

buy first, solve the problem later :bsmilie:

Thanks all for the info once again. :)