D800 Left Autofocus Issue

joecool1211

Mar 21, 2012
I have just found out that my left-most autofocus point does not focus properly compared to center and right.

It is worst on my 14-24. The left-most point also does not focus properly on my 16-35 (but to a lesser extent). The right-most point is also slightly off with both lenses.

I did the comparison by shooting charts with autofocus, and shooting the same images using live-view focus. The difference is tremendous when comparing the left most sensor.

Have any of you experienced this (plenty of talk on Internet) and have it fixed by NSC? Did they require you to bring in the lens(es) also? How long did it take to fix it?

Thanks!

I have just found out that my left-most autofocus point does not focus properly compared to center and right.

It is worst on my 14-24. The left-most point also does not focus properly on my 16-35 (but to a lesser extent). The right-most point is also slightly off with both lenses.

I did the comparison by shooting charts with autofocus, and shooting the same images using live-view focus. The difference is tremendous when comparing the left most sensor.

Have any of you experienced this (plenty of talk on Internet) and have it fixed by NSC? Did they require you to bring in the lens(es) also? How long did it take to fix it?

Thanks!

whats your serial number ? be interesting to know these from bros HAVING this issue. cheers.

NSC has the procedure which is currently used world-wide to remedy this wide-spread issue.

From what I can see most current generation full-frame Nikon bodies are affected but in varying degrees of severity. Early batches are suspected to be affected more. Whether the user can detect or is affected is another issue. You are basically not alone so no worries.

Last edited: