D800 E ...Got It

Achim Reh

Nov 1, 2011
I spend about one day, walking around the usual photo shopping districts , Peninsula, Sim Lim and so on, to see if someone might have a D800E left ...the effort payed of :)
I ignored the usual gangsters, who quote 6000+++ and finally got one form Lucky Plaza for the Nikon List Price of 4988.- Maybe not the cheapest, but I got it , original Nikon Singapore, no grey import.
Happy :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: . Now, can't wait to try it out with my Zeiss Planar .

no, no freebies, no gimics. Pay cash only . Anyway , was the last unit. But they have D800 left

How do you tell difference between grey and original Nikon Singapore?

Nikon Singapore has an original "Nikon Singapore Warranty Cert. " , grey import don't have this .

Is your warranty card came in 2 copies? One self retain while the other submit to Nikon? Mine has only one copy. Not sure to submit to Nikon or self retain.

Is your warranty card came in 2 copies? One self retain while the other submit to Nikon? Mine has only one copy. Not sure to submit to Nikon or self retain.

Doesn't matter. Just need receipt + warranty card to claim warranty. That's all.

I guess so. Thanks

no, no freebies, no gimics. Pay cash only . Anyway , was the last unit. But they have D800 left

you got ask how much for D800 :p ?? still got how many d800 left ?

no, sorry, did not ask about D800, as I was only looking for D800E . Check with them , lucky center, 01-70 Lucky Plaza. But No 800E left, I got the only one.

How do you tell difference between grey and original Nikon Singapore?

Hi. The Service Warranty card should say "Distributor - NIKON SINGAPORE PTE LTD"

Yep, register online. No need for sending cards anymore.

Ts, thanks to you now the shop has more visitors than normal lol

yes, for the next 45 minutes or so :)

Actually, here are still available set of D800 or D800E out there. You simply have to walk around a bit and try those less popular outlets and you still can get local set for a reasonable price.

Actually, here are still available set of D800 or D800E out there. You simply have to walk around a bit and try those less popular outlets and you still can get local set for a reasonable price.

on the contrary i believe the popular stores have more stock thus the price is more reasonable.

on the contrary i believe the popular stores have more stock thus the price is more reasonable.

I got to disagree with you. All popular stores now has no stock most of the time. The best u can bet on is SRP from megastore or from sleazy shop that you can try your luck with.

With a little leverage like adding another $2K lens to your purchase, the shops might just be willing to oblige. This was how I got it last Thursday.

tankahn said:
With a little leverage like adding another $2K lens to your purchase, the shops might just be willing to oblige. This was how I got it last Thursday.

Haha, u are VVIP Liao in that case