D800 / D800E price reductions coming .... maybe!

Dfive

Nov 20, 2008
Singapore lah....
www.clubsnap.com
From some inside news not nesc from Nikon SG ;) .... there may be price reductions in JUNE on the D800 and D800E Cameras..... I'm hearing $150 - $250 reduction.

Stay tuned... pls don't kill the messenger if it not occur. :D :)

When is D9300 coming?

Preparation for D800S?

Anyway since TS mentioned, might hold off my purchase if this is true...

Preparation for D800S?

Anyway since TS mentioned, might hold off my purchase if this is true...
You waited already too long anyway for a camera that isn't any cheaper now than 2 years ago. ;)

Any news for D5? I'm waiting :)

Good news to those waiting to get the D800.

wait for price to drop, then new model released. then get the feeling of "i should have waited .....".

it never ends.

just buy within your budget and write-off upon purchase so no pain later !!

Yeah i agree . The d800 as is, is more than sufficient for its intended usage ( it is mean to be used thoughtfully with good observance of fundamentals . It is not meant for sports/action) .
Moreover , it is good to buy a matured product where it is free of bugs and defects . I bought the d800 when it first came out and was a victim of the focusing issue known to early batches .
Matured doesnt mean obselete . At this point , it still holds the crown for the highest dynamic range for a dslr sensor . More than sufficient for a lifetimes usage .

You waited already too long anyway for a camera that isn't any cheaper now than 2 years ago. ;)

Poor student need a lot and a lot of time to save up for anything :(

If you keep waiting, you will never buy.

Buy it and enjoy it now. ;)

Most probably I'll do so :bsmilie: , this weekend might drop by Funan to get cash enquiry

Last edited:
Poor student need a lot and a lot of time to save up for anything :(
Yeah but they don't need the best and most expensive. You can buy something better when you make more money with your work.

Last edited:
Yeah but they don't need the best and most expensive. You can buy something better when you make more money with your work.

To be very honest here, I'd rather save and get the best, rather than to get something else, in which after that I'd have to spend money again to upgrade to the best. A friend once told me, get the best, so you can focus on improving your photography and not focus on GAS.

That's just my opinions, please correct me if you feel that I'm wrong

Last edited:
To be very honest here, I'd rather save and get the best, rather than to get something else, in which after that I'd have to spend money again to upgrade to the best. A friend once told me, get the best, so you can focus on improving your photography and not focus on GAS.

Actually very true, but ideal only. If cash strap, just go for the second best for significant saving.

There is nothing wrong with it, it's simply a different opinion. :) I guess I come from a different school. I think it's rather ideal to get a simplistic and basic tool to concentrate on improving skills first. I'm not a fan of the spoiling approach. ;)

Last edited: