D800 and D4..coming this SEPT 2011

i will only believe it when i have them in my dry cabinet . . . :bsmilie:

Anyway, thanks for the info . . . waiting to get a ff . . .

Last edited:
DX-4??? sounds very real indeed... :bsmilie:

unless the D4 and the D800 have a very big difference unlike the D3 vs D700,
my guess is the D4 will launch first

DX-4??? sounds very real indeed... :bsmilie:
I think it's a typo, the X key is rather close to the D key, so he might have accidentally hit it while pressing D.

brapodam said:
I think it's a typo, the X key is rather close to the D key, so he might have accidentally hit it while pressing D.

Don't make sense though, to launch the flagship and d700 replacement at the same time with the same sensor. That will just cannibalize their own flagship sales. Maybe a d700s is in the works.

Don't make sense though, to launch the flagship and d700 replacement at the same time with the same sensor. That will just cannibalize their own flagship sales. Maybe a d700s is in the works.

Certainly hope not. The features extra is D300s is not that fascinating...

In my point of view, I think Nikon has established the market segments from the previous generation of DSLR camera. With proper price tagging and omission of features, they should be able to deliver both FF body at the same time that delivers the needs of the appropriate segment without cannibalizing each other.

Certainly hope not. The features extra is D300s is not that fascinating...

In my point of view, I think Nikon has established the market segments from the previous generation of DSLR camera. With proper price tagging and omission of features, they should be able to deliver both FF body at the same time that delivers the needs of the appropriate segment without cannibalizing each other.

Well the D3 to D3s was very exciting... maybe they will release D700s with D3s sensor. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Well the D3 to D3s was very exciting... maybe they will release D700s with D3s sensor. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Has Nikon ever release a newer camera body based on a older sensor when a new gen sensor is already available? However, your idea sounds just as exciting. They just need to use the new EXPEED 2 :) I might buy it in.... errr... several more heartbeats than urs....

If they do that, they will have to release D4 first, with a significant advantage over the D700s. It will also have to be released (in stores) a couple of months before they announce the D700s, otherwise they will not be able to sell off the extra stock of D3s

Can... if they sell the leftover D3s slightly more than the D700s loh...

If they do that, they will have to release D4 first, with a significant advantage over the D700s. It will also have to be released (in stores) a couple of months before they announce the D700s, otherwise they will not be able to sell off the extra stock of D3s

Happy with my D700, will not upgrade. Probably will have video, which just adds to the weight :angry:

Will the name affect your choice of camera?
D800 sounds promising but D4 sounds ominous. Nikon should continue with D1, 2 or 3.

nickzkcin said:
Happy with my D700, will not upgrade. Probably will have video, which just adds to the weight :angry:

Now is year 2011, coming 2012.. If launch minus video.. Why launch? Think!

sidloojl said:
4 in cantonese is "sei"- sounds like "die"

Right right. I'm so bad at Cantonese :/
Wow I can't imagine the price of D3 once a new professional camera is out.