D80

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhealk

Sep 15, 2006
Borneo
Hi guys!

I'm eyeing for D80 but still doubtful with my decision :think: .

Anyone out there already have D80 in hand and mind to give some advise?

Thanks. So blind of me didn't saw it ;p

Got the conclusion here:

fianlly I bought D70s for several reasons:

1. Price have dropped since it was introduced and it's an economic buy (everytime price drop, my heart broke.. tat's gonna happen if I buy D80)

2. For the price of D80, I can get a good heavy and steady stand, 2GB CF, big camera bag, UV filter and D70s plus kit!! (what a trade off!)

3. D70s is more secure for me ( well established comsumer and tech review )

4. It's my first DSLR, and D70s is already a challenge for me to master it

Anyway, if you are a newbie like me and wish to buy ur first DSLR and ur wallet is thick enough, my advice is go for it!

Happy clikin!!

Got the conclusion here:

fianlly I bought D70s for several reasons:

1. Price have dropped since it was introduced and it's an economic buy (everytime price drop, my heart broke.. tat's gonna happen if I buy D80)

2. For the price of D80, I can get a good heavy and steady stand, 2GB CF, big camera bag, UV filter and D70s plus kit!! (what a trade off!)

3. D70s is more secure for me ( well established comsumer and tech review )

4. It's my first DSLR, and D70s is already a challenge for me to master it

Anyway, if you are a newbie like me and wish to buy ur first DSLR and ur wallet is thick enough, my advice is go for it!

Happy clikin!!

I think you made a wise choice .... :thumbsup: You were very realistic with your budget .... :bigeyes: Trust me, there's lots to learn from the D70s .... once your wallet is "fatten" and your understanding in digital photography deepens, you will have a wide range of professional DSLR waiting for you ...
I'm with you for I'm a newbie too .... ;)

I think you made a wise choice .... :thumbsup: You were very realistic with your budget .... :bigeyes: Trust me, there's lots to learn from the D70s .... once your wallet is "fatten" and your understanding in digital photography deepens, you will have a wide range of professional DSLR waiting for you ...
I'm with you for I'm a newbie too .... ;)

Oh, thanks for you comment. you make me feel more confident with me choice :D
I like the sentence Trust me, there's lots to learn from the D70s .... It's giving me some hard time here trying to know her more.. now she's jz as complicated as other women I have met. Anyway she's only with me for one day, so what to expect?

And nice to meet you!

Oh, thanks for you comment. you make me feel more confident with me choice :D
I like the sentence Trust me, there's lots to learn from the D70s .... It's giving me some hard time here trying to know her more.. now she's jz as complicated as other women I have met. Anyway she's only with me for one day, so what to expect?

And nice to meet you!

Treat her well and she'll serve you well too .... camera and woman are alike .... complicated at first .... but once you get to know her better, she's just plain, simple and lovely ;)

Treat her well and she'll serve you well too .... camera and woman are alike .... complicated at first .... but once you get to know her better, she's just plain, simple and lovely ;)

i suppose you are still young.
you will never understand women, just when you think you know her, she will suprise you.

add: just saw your profile, i may be wrong, your wife might just be different

you will never understand women, just when you think you know her, she will suprise you.

Opps, sounds like Ortega have quite an experience in this matter.. hehe:bigeyes:

Thanks for sharing your views and I am indeed blessed with a wonderful wife and two lovely kids. But I must say that I have been thru a lot before I could make that statement;)

Can I just ask how much you spent in total?
How much is a D80 anyway?

Can I just ask how much you spent in total?
How much is a D80 anyway?

OMG, I have caught a very deadly virus from this forum, the BBB virus.
This virus amazingly reduced my wallet size dramatically jz in a few months time.
I paid S$ 1577 + 584 + 145 + 38 for D70s + SB800 + tripod + bag.

And a further damage by the virus is Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 APO DG Macro which will reduce S$ 375 from my bank acc. Well, this' the Borneo rate, so if ur not in Borneo then you should get much cheaper price than mine.

I think D80 in Borneo is around S$ 2003 gua.

Hhaha....... can't agree with you more bro!! I think all the same one... if its different, then that guy must have strike good (if not better~!).

One thing for sure, at least my baby DSLR does not have mood swing....hahhaha.... and 'she' listens to me!!! hahhahaa....... At least when I keep 'her' in my dry cabinet. she is quiet.... okie, got to go..... can hear my wife calling me from inside the room!! Cheers!! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.