d80: weird firmware issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chowyuan

Nov 5, 2006
Hi guys,

Wondering if you guys had any trouble upgrading your firmware. As far as I can understand - there is a A and B which I need to upgrade. I followed the steps on the Nikon website, loaded it onto my SD card and did the update. Unfortunately, only my firmware B indicated an upgrade to 1.01 or something. I can't remember. Firmware A didn't change.

Had this problem awhile ago and thought I'd ask for some opinions. Nothings wrong with my camera so far but I'm still very curious.

I suspect you did not follow the procedures properly and had either missed a step or jumped a sequence. I had no problem updating my firmware.

Hi guys,

Wondering if you guys had any trouble upgrading your firmware. As far as I can understand - there is a A and B which I need to upgrade. I followed the steps on the Nikon website, loaded it onto my SD card and did the update. Unfortunately, only my firmware B indicated an upgrade to 1.01 or something. I can't remember. Firmware A didn't change.

Had this problem awhile ago and thought I'd ask for some opinions. Nothings wrong with my camera so far but I'm still very curious.

Bro, that happened to me too. Despite following the instructions on the Nikon site, I faced problems. This is what I did instead.
1) Format SD card using camera
2) Copy "AD800101.bin" into your SD card
3) Insert SD card into camera and go to the firmware menu to do a upgrade of firmware A
4) After upgrade complete, check that firmware A is now "1.01"
5) Delete the "AD800101.bin" from the SD card
6) opy "BD800101.bin" into your SD card
7) Insert SD card into camera and go to the firmware menu to do a upgrade of firmware B
8) After upgrade complete, check that firmware B is now "1.01"
9) Simply format your SD card again using your camera, thats it you're done. You now have both A and B at 1.01

Hope this helps :)

Hi Bro,

Can tell me what is the different between the new firmware and the old firmware?
Any new or special add on?

Hi Bro,

Can tell me what is the different between the new firmware and the old firmware?
Any new or special add on?

Haa haa never really noticed much difference. They were claiming on a few bug fixes which I had never encountered in the first place. Perhaps you could readup more about it here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=167396, its was posted by moderator Ian as a sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.