D80 or 400D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongwei82

Oct 5, 2006
Singapore
Need some help here from all pros!!!

Thinking of getting my first DSLR, went online to dpreview to make some comparison but still couldn't make up my mind.

Which is better....:confused: ? I know 400D produce sharp and crisp photos. And good in control Noise from 800 - 1600. But D80 got more control over the cam.....:dunno: ?

Need some advice here, thanks a lot...:D

How about going down to the shops and test handle both of them.

Cheers
Ryan

Need some help here from all pros!!!

Thinking of getting my first DSLR, went online to dpreview to make some comparison but still couldn't make up my mind.

Which is better....:confused: ? I know 400D produce sharp and crisp photos. And good in control Noise from 800 - 1600. But D80 got more control over the cam.....:dunno: ?

Need some advice here, thanks a lot...:D

Hi,

It's better to test the range of camera to see which one suits you.

There are many pro and cons for a camera. At the end of the day, it's up to the user.

For my case, I had lay my hands on the olympus, canon and nikon. But in the end I had picked up the K100D. It's just a feeling and of coz, budget. :)

Spoke to many ppl and visited camera stores before i bought my 1st DSLR last month. I agree with the rest feel for the camera is important. Personally, I did not seriously consider 400D, coz like the d40, its too small for me.

It was down to 30D and D80. I bought the D80 coz for the budget I have, the D80 makes alittle more sense.

If size is not important to u, I think the 400D body + good lens will be nice choice.

But D80 I believe do come with more features and I think have better growth potential. Plus, it has top LCD and comes with a rather decent kit lens! ;p

Your fellow newbie's 1/2 cents worth.

you might want to give the evolt 510 a look...
i hands on with it.... it feels much better than my 400d...
but the feel of the nikon is way too good.... however its much heavier.... you might also want to faactor in the weight if you are one who wanna travel light.. .:)

i went for the d80 over the 400d because of the "feel" of the camera.. d80 has a more rugered feel. and i feel as i'm still learning, d80 as the functions for me even when i get better at it... plus, the kit lens is really great.. super versitile. and its splash proof i think.. i just spilled a plastic bag full of water onto my camera. and i havent encounted any problems yet

cheers!

Spoke to many ppl and visited camera stores before i bought my 1st DSLR last month. I agree with the rest feel for the camera is important. Personally, I did not seriously consider 400D, coz like the d40, its too small for me.

It was down to 30D and D80. I bought the D80 coz for the budget I have, the D80 makes alittle more sense.

If size is not important to u, I think the 400D body + good lens will be nice choice.

But D80 I believe do come with more features and I think have better growth potential. Plus, it has top LCD and comes with a rather decent kit lens! ;p

Your fellow newbie's 1/2 cents worth.

For me then was either the 400D or D80 too. In the end the spacier grip was nicer.
Either way whichever camera maker you buy, they are all excellent :)

Didn try the 30D cause i didn wanna spend too much on my first slr body though
( in case i lose interest of photography :confused: )

Ryan

Thank you guys for giving me all those impt feedback...:D

I think most likely will go for the D80. Cos 400D do not have spot metering and i also think that D80 has got more function which i can use in future if my skill gets better, haha.

But the prices for the nikon lens and canon lens...the difference is very great?

Btw can somebody advise me on what to look out for when i was trying out the cam before purchase? What test should be carry out? Eg. trying out the exposure?

Buying from oracle is a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.