D80 flash

archon

Dec 23, 2006
SG
Hi,

Recently after my firmware update, I have problem controlling my ext flash SB600 exposure.
Lots of my pictures are overexpose with flash when I use manual.

I noted that it normally increase the expose as it snap. Any idea what happen?

I have no problem before the firmware update.

Hi,

Recently after my firmware update, I have problem controlling my ext flash SB600 exposure.

Do you mean that with the same setting of flash in manual mode, the next snap would be brighter and brighter then the previous one ??

Interesting :think:

Eh... for a start, why is there a need to update the firmware?

What are the benefits of the update? Because I have never update the firmware before. :sweat:

Eh... for a start, why is there a need to update the firmware?

What are the benefits of the update? Because I have never update the firmware before. :sweat:
firmware update is to address some issue of the hardware, you don't have to update the firmware if the issue is not any to your concern, like fixing some minor problem of a camera function, but you don't use this function at all so you can just ignore it.

Hi,

your description is unclear, not able to comprehend.

suggest that you bring your camera and flash down to Nikon Service Center, show them the problem you encounter, if unable to fix, they can always revert back to the old firmware.

hope this help.

Do you mean that with the same setting of flash in manual mode, the next snap would be brighter and brighter then the previous one ??

Interesting :think:

Not really brighter and brighter, but I can see my SB600 exposure composition put it like +1 or +2 automatically.