D750 or D800E

Campy

Nov 12, 2006
Lion City
Which one to get if it is you as I could get a good condition D800E for slightly lower cost?

Tks.

D750 for me.
Not a fan of the 36MP files, yes, the detail is great, dynamic range of D800 triumphs. But personally I'm not a fan of the large file sizes, though some might claim memory is cheap nowadays, your computer needs to have enough power to handle the large files, and RAM isn't cheap :(

My $0.02 :)

Really depends on what you need the camera for....

The D800/E has a D7000 built in. I haven't seen the output from a 24 Mp FX as yet, but my D800 had over and over again surprised me with the levels of details it captures! My vote goes to D800E. Might buy one myself when the used price drops further (due mainly to underwater housing incompatibility between D800 and D810).

Although I ave not tested it out yet, my preliminary vote goes to the D750. It looks promising, and I don't need the 36MP.

Shall than wait for more test reviews of d750 before comparing.

Agree.

And the CAT Shooters out there will be happy with a D60 I think. ;)

Noooo..... Cat Lover need to go for Df...... the King of Cat Shooter.... :)

Noooo..... Cat Lover need to go for Df...... the King of Cat Shooter.... :)

I second that. Nowadays I shoot all my cats with the Df. Small and light and unbelievable high ISO capability. My D800E now 'pak monk' in the dry cabinet. :)

I second that. Nowadays I shoot all my cats with the Df. Small and light and unbelievable high ISO capability. My D800E now 'pak monk' in the dry cabinet. :)

Give me.

I shoot with Df for most of the time.
But I sold D800 away, give room for a new body to come in :D

I only can afford to have 1 wife and 1 mistress.

D750 for me.
Not a fan of the 36MP files, yes, the detail is great, dynamic range of D800 triumphs. But personally I'm not a fan of the large file sizes, though some might claim memory is cheap nowadays, your computer needs to have enough power to handle the large files, and RAM isn't cheap :(

RAM is a pittance compared to the camera, much less the SD cards used.

I shoot with Df for most of the time.
But I sold D800 away, give room for a new body to come in :D

I only can afford to have 1 wife and 1 mistress.

As the Chinese will put it.... 三妻四妾..... so 2 is not enough..... ;):bsmilie:

D750 for me.

My 2 year old MBP handles 36MP files from the D800E the same as 16MP files from my E-M1 or X-T1, without any RAM upgrade.

Really depends if you're after the higher resolution and whether you mind having a preowned set. If you don't print big or need to do a crop, actually D610 will do the trick.

I would like to upgrade from the D600. I've not been happy with its sharpness especially when I pixel peep, and the focusing speed. I do not think that I will be happy with D750, should I be getting the D810 instead? I own 2 of the 3 trinity lenses.

My 2 year old MBP handles 36MP files from the D800E the same as 16MP files from my E-M1 or X-T1, without any RAM upgrade.

Hmm, my 16MP files are terrible when it comes to stitching them up, can see the RAM usage, left <1GB :dunno:

To be honest, if you are getting soft images from trinity lens and D610, I am not convinced that upgrading to any other Nikon camera is going to yield any significant improvement.

I would like to upgrade from the D600. I've not been happy with its sharpness especially when I pixel peep, and the focusing speed. I do not think that I will be happy with D750, should I be getting the D810 instead? I own 2 of the 3 trinity lenses.