D7100 or D610

Status
Not open for further replies.

BT5100

Deregistered
Sep 6, 2013
Singapore
Hi everyone. currently im using a D5100 with and now I want to upgrade my body to either D7100 or D610.

each of these camera have their plus point.
and the price diff plus the investment to a ff lens will be another cost.

can anyone members over here advise me, does the d610 really have much better image quality and less noisier in low light?

thanks in advance.

Hi everyone. currently im using a D5100 with and now I want to upgrade my body to either D7100 or D610.

each of these camera have their plus point.
and the price diff plus the investment to a ff lens will be another cost.

can anyone members over here advise me, does the d610 really have much better image quality and less noisier in low light?

thanks in advance.

Yes, it is slightly less noisy when using high ISO. But do you need it? FF lenses are a lot more expensive than DX lenses. around twice the price. And bigger, heavier.

Overall image quality is not too much different, just that D610 gives you cleaner shots at high ISOs. Anything ISO 2000 and below, you will not be able to see significant difference. And you also get shallower depth of field. Which could be an advantage or a disadvantage.

Last edited:
Yes, it is slightly less noisy when using high ISO. But do you need it? FF lenses are a lot more expensive than DX lenses. around twice the price. And bigger, heavier.

Overall image quality is not too much different, just that D610 gives you cleaner shots at high ISOs. Anything ISO 2000 and below, you will not be able to see significant difference. And you also get shallower depth of field. Which could be an advantage or a disadvantage.
have u tried both cameras?

then another doubt that I have is, will there be significant diff in IQ between my d5100 to d7100.

have u tried both cameras?

then another doubt that I have is, will there be significant diff in IQ between my d5100 to d7100.

Yes I have tried many cameras, including the D7100, D610 and D5100.

Not much significant IQ difference for 99% users. You get more resolution with the D7100 and a very slight improvement in ISO noise handling at high ISO. What you really get when moving from D5100 to D7100 is the handling and the AF system.

Yes I have tried many cameras, including the D7100, D610 and D5100.

Not much significant IQ difference for 99% users. You get more resolution with the D7100 and a very slight improvement in ISO noise handling at high ISO. What you really get when moving from D5100 to D7100 is the handling and the AF system.
thats the reason which hold me back from upgrading to d7100.

but beside higher mega pixel, the removing the aa filter (if im not wrong) the pics look sharper etc. was expecting to have a certain improvement in iq after upgrading.

image quality is not everything in term of photography.

content of the photos does matters.

spend the money investing on the things that matters is wiser.

Last edited:
image quality is not everything in term of photography.

content of the photos does matters.

spend the money investing on the things that matters is wiser.
true. but I wanted to get a body which can last me another 2-3years and during that period I hope the photos I took can reaches the best quality which my skill n equipment can bring me to.

hence im curious wat is the diff between d7100 to d610 in real life, n is it worth to pay abt $1k more for it

Can I ask, what are the lenses you currently use, and what do you find lacking in your current D5100?

I'm a D5100 user too

Can I ask, what are the lenses you currently use, and what do you find lacking in your current D5100?

I'm a D5100 user too
tamron 17-50 non vc f2.8
tamron 90mm f2.8
tamron 70-300mm vc usd

wanted a better resolution cause I crop quite often

wanted a better handling. d5100 need to go menu to adjust many things

better image quality?

faster auto focus

better body to show off haha

I'm a D5100 user too
tamron 17-50 non vc f2.8
tamron 90mm f2.8
tamron 70-300mm vc usd

better image quality?

faster auto focus

tamron 17-50 non vc f2.8
tamron 90mm f2.8
tamron 70-300mm vc usd

better image quality?

faster auto focus

You should get a D4s. That one will show off the best.

You should get a D4s. That one will show off the best.

I rather buy a watch lo.

D5100 af is quite slow n basic. Initialy I took more macro shot but now I wana try wild life n d7100 r more suitable though the buffer is quite small

I rather buy a watch lo.

D5100 af is quite slow n basic. Initialy I took more macro shot but now I wana try wild life n d7100 r more suitable though the buffer is quite small

Yes to show off a watch will be better. Which is why I am amused when you mentioned you want a better camera body to show off.

btw, what kind of wildlife do you want to shoot?

Yes to show off a watch will be better. Which is why I am amused when you mentioned you want a better camera body to show off.

btw, what kind of wildlife do you want to shoot?
Birds. The af of d5100 is not good enough thats y I consider on d7100 n its crop senso. Reason for me to consider d610 is also because I use my camera more on travelling. And everyone is paying more for better iq n faster camera, I just hope I wont feel regret n half way sell my d7100 n buy d610, like that waste more time n $$.

If d7100 can take same iq as d610 at day time or below 800iso, I definitely will pic d7100.

Birds. The af of d5100 is not good enough thats y I consider on d7100 n its crop senso. Reason for me to consider d610 is also because I use my camera more on travelling. And everyone is paying more for better iq n faster camera, I just hope I wont feel regret n half way sell my d7100 n buy d610, like that waste more time n $$.

If d7100 can take same iq as d610 at day time or below 800iso, I definitely will pic d7100.

If for birding, the D7100 is much more capable than a D610. If you want full frame for birding, D3, D3s, D4, D4s or D800 can be considered. D610 does not really cut it for birding.

If for birding, the D7100 is much more capable than a D610. If you want full frame for birding, D3, D3s, D4, D4s or D800 can be considered. D610 does not really cut it for birding.

Wat abt portrait? Which camera is better in below 800iso ?

it for

I used to be D5100 owner, now then D7100. D5100 served me well on any condition even birding. I believe with the correct settings you can use it for birding too. D7100 and D5100 has really no much difference in terms of IQ to me. In fact D5100 has the advantage of variangle LCD screen, which is very handy. The only reason I upgrade to D7100 is I want to get the control settings as fast as I could.

Cheers!

Between the D7100 and the D610, I'd go for the D7100 for bird photography.

1. You get the DX crop and the pixel density.
2. Both are near comparable in specs, besides the sensor. May as well get the cheaper one.
3. Both will be hampered by the limited buffer if you are a burst RAW shooter.
4. If you are really good, both cameras should yield little difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.