www.pss1950.org
Hi all..........

A workshop customised for D70 users.
We have 3 dates available.

Option 1
Date: Aug 7(Sun)
Cost: $20 per head
Time: 1-4pm
Venue: PSS clubhouse(ABove Mr Bean Cafe)

Option 2
Date: Aug 23(Weekday)
Time: 6.45-10pm

Option 3
Date: Aug 25(Weekday)
Time: 6.45-10pm

Limited to 20 pax per class.Hurry!!!

Registration can be made through pss 1950@singnet.com.sg :bsmilie:

Hello Miss Di
Can you please let me know what is covered in the 3 hours? Thank you!

ya, post it here let all see wad $20 can. got lucky draw at d end of d talk??:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Highlights for D70 Workshop

The features of D70/D70s

Expectactions--Differences with the Coolpix, advanced features that stand out
The specifications in brief
Exposure in Brief (Quick into shutter speed and aperture)
Using the program mode
Quick intro to P,A,S,M
Metering settings
Using the custom modes
Survival tips to get good image--steven's workflow for freezing objects
Setting the ASA and White Balance
The settings in the menu
Focusing
How to hold the camera
File types, compression and sizes
Camera maintenance (Clearing the CCD, do's and don'ts, maintenance of CF card)
What to do if you want to change lenses
Having the ideal set of equipment.

sighz ... its in the weekday , any more option or in the future for weekend classes ?

I am very very sure .. Steven Yee will provides you guys with insight the knows and hows to using D70 .. :)

And after the class Steven can bring you all downstairs for a drink at coffee bean

*espn runs away

Frankly speaking, Steven knows his stuff... check out the focus magazine this quarter, featuring his works ;)

Hi all.....

We have 4 dates in the month of September for D70/D70s workshop

Option A
Date: 8 Sep(Thur)
Time: 645-10pm
Venue: Above Mr Bean Cafe
Cost: $20 per pax

Option B
Date: 18 Sep(Sun)
Time: 2.00-5.00pm

Option C
Date: 24 Sep(Sat)

Option D
Date: 25 Sep(Sun)

How about D50 classes? It would be a good time now :)

Anyone interested to attend the 25th Aug Course....

I was informed that the turn out for this date is poor.
So if you guys/gals interested to attend on this date
pls register soon.

:)

email diana but no replies...

thkz MissDi... pls reserve a slot on the 8 Sep for me thank you...

Hi MissD,

I would like to sign up for the 8September class as well. however, I tried to email you but couldnt get through. The two emails provided above are different. One with Pss and one without. So, How do we actually make payment. Can we like make the payment on the day of the course.

Regards,
tltan

Why do people wanna pay for classes like these, $20 is a rip off. You mean I pay $20 to have you read the amnual for me and tell me what I can do with my camera? Come on, I can do that a over a cup of tea and some makan (a bowl of noddles or chicken rice) and get to keep a new friend.

Just thick about it $20 x 20 = $400 for the "instructor" to earn wow easy money man. I smell something fishy or maybe a rat. Anyway the class size is too big for any proper instruction.

Just my view, please DO TAKE OFFENCE, I'm offended.

Why do people wanna pay for classes like these, $20 is a rip off. You mean I pay $20 to have you read the amnual for me and tell me what I can do with my camera? Come on, I can do that a over a cup of tea and some makan (a bowl of noddles or chicken rice) and get to keep a new friend.

Just thick about it $20 x 20 = $400 for the "instructor" to earn wow easy money man. I smell something fishy or maybe a rat. Anyway the class size is too big for any proper instruction.

tommon said:
Any basic photography course would be 8 days, 4 hours approx each, and cost about $200-$250. $20 for a simple guide and lesson on handling the camera in real life is considered cheap. If you find that you can do it over a cuppa tea and some makan (wait, who's paying? On dutch?) then by all means do it. Is there a need to come here and say such things?

tommon said:
Yeah, $400, don't need to rent classroom, the instructor don't need to work one hor, just do for free (which he did for the earlier batches). How big the class is and how well the instructor can handle proves how capable is he. It's better than some that come here, make a hoo-ha, and promise to leave CS but still comes back and makes noise.

tommon said:
He hurt ya ricebowl eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.