D70s Shutter Wear

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkspike

Jul 14, 2005
Heyz, just to ask for general opinions, how long before one actually needs to consider a change of shutter cos lately, my shutter feels a tad heavier than usual. Not sure if I'm being too sensitive or is there a general problem with it or is it just worn out?

So far the shutter count's up to 5K going to 6K but I don't think it's really that much cos I think i've read someone going up to 7K or more and still not complainin about anything. A lil unclear about this. So what say you guys? Given that the d70s is not a full professional camera, would understand if someone actually told me they had a less durable shutter in there.

BUT...

thinkin about it, the sound and feeling feels more like the mirror being heavier like the up and down motion being,well, more obviously felt. Maybe my hands are gettin weak and my ears are playin tricks on me :p Can't quite describe it more cos well, it's sorta a feeling kinda thing, hence i'm nt very sure is it really me or the cam. Any opinions?

I would say 50k is a good number before u consider to change shutter, unless u are heavy duty user, example dropping camera on hard surface, hitting here there, shooting in the rain, etc.

When you find your exposure going weird, missing by a few stops, and when you find that the shutter sound is weird and/or the more fortunate example - shutter pik-jia. Then it's time to change.

Normally just send in, ask them to do a general check up on the spot to see if shutter requires changing, 7K is pretty little to worry :D

okie.. cool guys.. thanks... Must be me then. Well, another few months b4 warranty up so prob send it in b4 then..

Once again, thanks... :)

Astin said:
I would say 50k is a good number before u consider to change shutter, unless u are heavy duty user, example dropping camera on hard surface, hitting here there, shooting in the rain, etc.

50K? I was expecting 150K........... :sweat:

Zenten said:
50K? I was expecting 150K........... :sweat:
150K is the tested and documented figure for F5, F6, D2*** bodies.

Sorry. What do you mean by shutter change. Sorry new to D70s

nicholas68 said:
Sorry. What do you mean by shutter change. Sorry new to D70s

means the shutter of your camera is end of it's life.
cannot flap anymore.

need to change.
but rare for hobbist, coz we do not shoot that often like professionals.

markccm said:
cannot flap anymore.

need to change.
Don't bet on it :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

markccm said:
cannot flap anymore.

need to change.

ok thank. I am using a d70s for 3 month shutterspeed count about 8000 this is normal.

only? there are plenty of people who have hit the 20k mark at least before their warranty ends :bsmilie:

TMC said:
only? there are plenty of people who have hit the 20k mark at least before their warranty ends :bsmilie:
pls do say who so we can all avoid that camera when it appears on buy/sell..

Clown said:
pls do say who so we can all avoid that camera when it appears on buy/sell..

Good one :p

Anyway, I'm not that keen on competing for who has higher shutter count :S Btw, thanks for all the input guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.