D70s color mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
nicholas68 said:
can photoshop 7 open RAW file

Buy Nikon Capture to process raw and send it to photoshop for editing. But again, nikon capture will ask about the color mode before open for process.

nicholas68 said:
Yes. You need to pay for the camera RAW plugin and not all models are supported.

do you know if the d70 and d50 are supported in PS7 camera raw? i think maybe they are not updating for PS7, to "force" upgrades to CS or later.

d7t3 said:
Can I conclude from this, if I have a "consumer" type printer, I better not try anything funny or expect too much from my image profiles, cos there's no telling what the (idiotproof) printer driver is doing to the colour mgt? i.e. just use the standard sRGB profile.
For consumer printer, there will be a profile included to tell the operating system how to map the sRGB into the printer colour. Even though the inks are CMYK, ther drivers takes in sRGB information unlike colour seperation printing. So all you have to do is assume that the manufacturer has provided the correct profile, and your monitor is having the correct profile so what you see is what the sRGB file supposed to be, then the printout will have the correct colour.

I know a lot of people do not have their monitor calibrated and they will see images brighter or darker on the monitor. But if you print the image out without doing anything to it, it is correct.

nicholas68 said:

For your info,

The Camera Raw 3.3 plug-in from Adobe is not compatible with versions of Photoshop earlier than Photoshop CS2 or versions of Photoshop Elements earlier than Photoshop Elements 3.0

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.