D7000 with nikkor 10-24mm or 12-24mm?

DatukGong

Nov 19, 2010
Hi,

I wish to buy ultra wide angel lens for my D7000. Any one here have experience on these two lenses? Which one will better?

Limited only to Nikkor lenses? Tamron 11-16 f2.8 is also quite good for its price now :)

Oh ya I m looking on these two lenses to compare . Any idea with these two lenses?

Between may I know nikkor 12-24mm F4 have how many type? I saw somebody said got one is for FX? I thought FX that one is 14-24mm F2.8

DatukGong said:
Oh ya I m looking on these two lenses to compare . Any idea with these two lenses?

Between may I know nikkor 12-24mm F4 have how many type? I saw somebody said got one is for FX? I thought FX that one is 14-24mm F2.8

Haha why do you need it. The price difference between all of them are very large

Edit: actually, what is yor budget?

Last edited:
Around 1400+

DatukGong said:
Around 1400+

For a dx camera? Do you prefer a larger focal length range, or a fixed length of the lens. A variable aperture or a fixed aperture?

You using for landscape or events? If landscape u can go for 10-24 as you do not need a high aperture for landscape... Most will set at f8 onwards as you do not need a blur background and for night shots you can get the star effect on lighting...

Er I use for landscape and indoor event. What is the different between fixed aperture and variable.

DatukGong said:
Er I use for landscape and indoor event. What is the different between fixed aperture and variable.

I think you'd better go google about your lens choices and read reviews before asking here when you do not know anything about what you wanna get. Btw variable aperture means that the F stop will change as you zoom in or out. In any case I would still recommend tokina 11-16. Not only does it have a fixed aperture of 2.8, it is also Te cheapest option of the lot now :) (can get one used for abt 700 dollars)

Another vote for the Tokina 11-16 instead of these 2. If 2nd hand sells at $700, then I suggest TS to just get it from Technogadget at $800 better.

This lens is really good :thumbsup:

O ok. I read the review tokina 11-16 it like have focusing issue?

DatukGong said:
O ok. I read the review tokina 11-16 it like have focusing issue?

AF issue? Where didn't read that? o_O. The only issue relating to the AF is that it lacks a built in motor. But that should not be a problem in the D7k

Now have new launched tokina 11-16 f2.8 ii

DatukGong said:
Now have new launched tokina 11-16 f2.8 ii

Oh our opinions are for the version 1. Makes no sense to spend more on a second version if the first one already perform so well

Limited only to Nikkor lenses? Tamron 11-16 f2.8 is also quite good for its price now :)
You mean Tokina :)

Oh our opinions are for the version 1. Makes no sense to spend more on a second version if the first one already perform so well
What if the second is significantly better?

Anyway, another up for Tokina 11-16. During events, there are a lot of times when you want to shoot wide open. If you have a variable aperture, your aperture will keep changing when you zoom. This may not be an issue in good light, but in low light when you still want to use the lowest possible ISO for the situation while having an acceptable shutter speed, it becomes extremely irritating when you either have to keep changing the ISO as you zoom or set it to a very high value and leave it there. Although, one way to counter this is to use manual mode and Auto ISO.

Tokina 11-16 have allow
Focusing issue?

Sorry is slow focusing issue

DatukGong said:
Sorry is slow focusing issue

That will be depending in Te camera. A higher end camera will give you a faster speed due tot e more powerful inboard motor