D7000: What do you want to add/update/improve in next firmware update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndhonghai

Jul 5, 2011
Woodlands
Hi,

There are features that I really want Nikon to add into D7000's firmware:
- Built-in HDR mode: no need post process in computer.
- Catch-In-Focus (focus trap) mode: camera automatically shoots when object moves to focus zone.
- Add in more user modes (not only U1 & U2), this update requires to manually did in menu.

Anything else? Tell Nikon.
I'll send these to them :cool:

How I wish I can map ISO button to either the fn or dof preview button. For easy ISO changing in manual mode

Open the shutter only the auto focus action is finished,as somebody said trigger the shutter too fast that the AF action has not finished will result of blur photo. :think:

Open the shutter only the auto focus action is finished,as somebody said trigger the shutter too fast that the AF action has not finished will result of blur photo. :think:
Hi Homan,

Isn't there an option in the menu to prevent the camera from taking pictures when AF has yet to lock?

As if any of the camera vendors actually listen to their users.

yuuki said:
Hi Homan,

Isn't there an option in the menu to prevent the camera from taking pictures when AF has yet to lock?

It's call AF-S & AF-C priority in custom settings a1 & a2

that can be done in the menu

I want the camera to be able to set exposure beyond 30s in manual mode (limit can be set in settings)

the ISO to be able to be mapped at FN or some other buttons will be good..

It's call AF-S & AF-C priority in custom settings a1 & a2

Thanks for remind me.But I use AF-A,don't know a1 & a2 can control AF-A or not,or I try to use AF-S as I cannot get 100% in-focus photo. :think:

So,it is better add a3 for the AF-A.

homan said:
Thanks for remind me.But I use AF-A,don't know a1 & a2 can control AF-A or not,or I try to use AF-S as I cannot get 100% in-focus photo. :think:

So,it is better add a3 for the AF-A.

I think AF-A might be similar to AF-S right? Got to check the manual to confirm

i think AF-A will auto switch between AF-S and AF-C? I may be wrong..

AF-A auto focus on coming but not going.Useful in our usual photographing. :thumbsup:
But no priority in custom settings. :cry:

I also want multiple exposure to be able to do up to 10 shots and not just 3. Would be useful for long exposures where in some light conditions, even a 10 stop ND filter isn't enough to slow down the shutter speed to show movement in the skies or water.

And probably make the OK button default to zooming in on the focus point in playback mode (but they probably won's do this because it's considered a "pro" feature)

How about cleaner and sexy menu interface like that of Sony compacts.

Can I bracket 5 or 7 shots instead of current 3 ?

And frame overlay needs improvements.

tkp77 said:
1) Please let me change aperture while recording in D-movie.
2) give me a mic leveling display.
3) let me manually control mic input volume.

Mic noise cancellation (lens noise)

Status
Not open for further replies.