D7000 users...fall in!!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
michaelwks said:
Let me know if anyone looking for screen protector for both LCD screens.

A friend of mine is considering. Have any sample photos of the protector applied?

Speaking of which... does anyone know where to get an LCD stick-on protector for the D7000 that covers the entire screen including the borders? Not just the display portion of the screen.

Speaking of which... does anyone know where to get an LCD stick-on protector for the D7000 that covers the entire screen including the borders? Not just the display portion of the screen.

Doesn't yours come with the hard plastic screen protector? Or are you looking for a screen protector for your screen protector? I think one thing you can do is to apply an iPhone protector then trim it to size. I don't think anyone makes protectors specific to the d7k

pbear1973 said:
Doesn't yours come with the hard plastic screen protector? Or are you looking for a screen protector for your screen protector? I think one thing you can do is to apply an iPhone protector then trim it to size. don't think anyone makes protectors specific to the d7k

Just 4 posts upwards someone is offering it

Im using gss screen protector for my d7000. Its made of optical glass and covers both top and back lcd frm edge to edge. Uses a double sided adhesive ard the edges to stick on the screen. Much better then the lousy supplied protector which easily gets scratched and will trap dust and dirt in between. I got mine feom amazon. But u may want to do a google search and see if its sold locally.

Just 4 posts upwards someone is offering it

Which lead me to my post.
But problem is... most of them only protect the rectangular area where the display is. Not the entire piece of glass/plastic.

Google for gss screen protector for d7000

Hmmmm. This is smthing new. The gss on my d7000 works the same way but the border is black. U cant really tell the diff with the protector on. Best part is it doesnt scratch like the plastic protector included with the cam.

Like most glass if hard enough it will get scratched. But its much tougher then the plastic protector provided my nikon. Mine got soo many scratches after only a few mths of usage it affected the viewing of images.

Just tear it off and apply new one. What's the point of protectors if you're not gonna change after it's worn out?

I was refering to the nikon screen protector. Anyway since i got the gss protector ive not changed mine for over a year. And its still scratch free.

pbear1973 said:
Doesn't yours come with the hard plastic screen protector? Or are you looking for a screen protector for your screen protector? I think one thing you can do is to apply an iPhone protector then trim it to size. I don't think anyone makes protectors specific to the d7k

I don't like the plastic cover. May buy those overlay if I happen to see. Or get from ebay if I free. The plastic cover n screen will grow white spots.

What's your shutter count now. From April 2011 till now.. I manage just slightly over 10,000 shots only..

What's your shutter count now. From April 2011 till now.. I manage just slightly over 10,000 shots only..

About 50,000 about a week ago when I checked. Zero shutter failures so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.