D7000 sharpness issue.

cameronvalleycu

Mar 9, 2010
Hi all. Need some advice on nikon d7000 sharpness issue.
My friend just change over from d300 to d7000 but the sharpness of d300 seems to be better after comparing photos taken n zoom 100% for comparison.

Anyone faces this issue? As for what I know d7000 mega pixels is higher n should be sharper than d300.

Any advice or comments r welcome

Thanks for viewing.

What lens? What lighting conditions? did you use the same lens on both cameras, shot at the same conditions, the same aperture, the same ISO, etc?

You have to provide more info if you expect people to help you.

Hi thanks for the response. Settings r all the same. 18-75mm f3.5-4.5 Nikon lens (shot at f4.5) ISO 400. Shutter 60. Same indoor setup for comparison. ThAnks

Show us examples to illustrate your point.

I sold my Nikon D300s and am currently using a D7000, and I have no such issues.

Hi all. Need some advice on nikon d7000 sharpness issue.
My friend just change over from d300 to d7000 but the sharpness of d300 seems to be better after comparing photos taken n zoom 100% for comparison.

Anyone faces this issue? As for what I know d7000 mega pixels is higher n should be sharper than d300.

Any advice or comments r welcome

Thanks for viewing.

Hi thanks for the response. Settings r all the same. 18-75mm f3.5-4.5 Nikon lens (shot at f4.5) ISO 400. Shutter 60. Same indoor setup for comparison. ThAnks
Your question and reply are not specific.

other than external issue, you can compare the exif data of images from both cameras on the sharpness setting, the answers maybe in it.

TS: what makes you think that different cameras of the same brand will deliver necessarily the same results? Apart from the fact that image processing settings should be checked as well, the technical variation between the cameras already opens up to many possible reasons why the results differ. Something to read:
LensRentals.com - The Limits of Variation
LensRentals.com - Notes on Lens and Camera Variation
You could also start with a simple focus test.

TS, did you check picture styles? THere is a sharpness setting in there...

maybe can show us the photos....

Thanks for all the reply. I mange to get Nikon's technical help n my prob solved.

I don really understand the technical part but this is why they ask me to set.

Turn off "Active-D Lighting"

Previously I set it at high. N the images r really not sharp for my camera.

Try it out.. Tks again ppl...

so the D-lighting didn't Delight you one bit.

sorry. couldn't resist that pun.

:bsmilie:

cameronvalleycu said:
Thanks for all the reply. I mange to get Nikon's technical help n my prob solved.

The technical part means that all Nikon cameras are tuned within certain parameters. But when a lens and a camera is at the extremes I these parameters, your images may not come out sharp, although the lens was work well with another body and your new body may work
Well with other lenses.

sorry side track a bit.

I was told taht for d7000 , it able to adjust the focusing issue when new lens fitted on. How to do so? thanks

buzzmario said:
sorry side track a bit.

I was told taht for d7000 , it able to adjust the focusing issue when new lens fitted on. How to do so? thanks

Do focus check and adjust AF fine tune.

Question would be: Why do you set it to 'High'? Features and functions have a purpose. No point using them in 'one size fits all' style. The image processing done by D-Lighting has to suit the situation.
Secondly, you still have not posted any pictures, preferable in direct comparison of the same picture shot with only the D-Lighting changed. For pixel peepers at 150% zoom level nothing is sharp.

sorry side track a bit.
There is a booklet that came with your camera, titled 'operations manual' :) In case you misplaced it you can download the pdf file from Nikon website.