D7000 Sensor Cleaning

bennono5

Mar 22, 2011
D7K_2696.jpg

there are 2 dark spot on top of Esplanet building , is it dirts on camera sensor?
where should i send the camera for service since my waranty is expired?

there are 2 dark spot on top of Esplanet building , is it dirts on camera sensor?
where should i send the camera for service since my waranty is expired?

It's ESPLANADE building.
And night photos are a bit tricky for spotting problems with your sensor. Why not photograph a plain wall under good lighting?

Those black spots could just be due to irregularity in the building's surface.

I saw the two black spots... those are dust spots...

use a blower and your camera will be fine....

i have the same problem..
i've used a blower a couple of times and its still there..
should i go to the service center and have it cleaned ?
how much do they charged me ? thanks.

ondoy said:
i have the same problem..
i've used a blower a couple of times and its still there..
should i go to the service center and have it cleaned ?
how much do they charged me ? thanks.

If I'm not wrong its below $30

Yes, it happens to my D7000 and other DSLRs too... 99% that those are dust spots

Wah ok I think I saw the dust spots... haha eagle eyes... :)
Initially thought TS referring to the dark spots that were along the roof surface of the Esplanade hall.
Finally spotted 2 specks in the sky.
A blower should be able to dislodge them.

try to aim at a white wall... manual mode exposure for few sec and use f22. If have mean got dust...

if cannot blow away, can use sensor swab. cathay got sell

Somehow my sensor always seems to have dust on it and everytime i will end up blowing it wit a blower till my hands get cramps.
but then i came across this blower: Eviteo Air Blower w/ Booster Power High Pressure 30kPa | Cleaning Supplies | General Accessories | Camera Accessories | Linkdelight.com my sensor cleaning have been a breeze.
it sort of build up the air pressure b4 letting the air out giving you a burst of wind.
I found mine in The Camera Corner at the peninsular basement. They also have the china version own both and both works very well.

$27?!?! Not what they wrote to me when I ask them in email, below reply say $120 for sensor cleaning (when I ask them about the oil spots thingy)!!!!

Good Day,

Thank you for contacting Nikon Asia Technical Support. Your case has been forwarded to us.
We will assist you from here.

The charge for servicing your camera sensor would be $25.00 for inspection and $ 120.00 for sensor cleaning. There is no such issue occur with the D7000 cameras. However our technician at the service centre will tell you if there is any other issues with your camera during the camera inspection . The Details for the service centre are as per below:

Nikon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
No. 80 Anson Road
Fuji Xerox Towers
#10-01/02
Singapore 079907

Phone Number : +65-6559-6363

Thank you once again for your support on Nikon Products. We hope that we have addressed your concerns.
Please feel free to contact us for more information.

Alpc said:
$27?!?! Not what they wrote to me when I ask them in email, below reply say $120 for sensor cleaning (when I ask them about the oil spots thingy)!!!!

Good Day,

Thank you for contacting Nikon Asia Technical Support. Your case has been forwarded to us.
We will assist you from here.

The charge for servicing your camera sensor would be $25.00 for inspection and $ 120.00 for sensor cleaning. There is no such issue occur with the D7000 cameras. However our technician at the service centre will tell you if there is any other issues with your camera during the camera inspection . The Details for the service centre are as per below:

Nikon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
No. 80 Anson Road
Fuji Xerox Towers
#10-01/02
Singapore 079907

Phone Number : +65-6559-6363

Thank you once again for your support on Nikon Products. We hope that we have addressed your concerns.
Please feel free to contact us for more information.

Sensor cleaning has always been $20+ not sure why they quote you that amount

spree86 said:
Sensor cleaning has always been $20+ not sure why they quote you that amount

Typo with an additional 1 in front? Aren't you under warranty? Why are you charged for inspection?

I believe they meant the other way, sensor cleaning for 25 bucks and general servicing (if you need it) for 120 bucks.

Must be a typo error.

Well, no. Unless I get extended warranty for 1 mth by registering online.... I bought it last year nov. I had issues with the sensor being dirty, I thot maybe it's me; having to correct all my photo because of those spot. I clean it myself when I was back but recently found spots again! In the same location again... And this time the cam had spent most of its time in the dry cabinet. So I emailed them asking and that was the reply they gave.

sensor clearing is $25.

should be typo error, and warranty does not cover sensor cleaning.

dust spots usually very obvious when you using smaller aperture setting, I believe the spots are always there and you only noticing it when using smaller aperture.

I am not sure if it is dust... I had to use liquid to remove it, and I think it's still not fully clean but I ran out of cleaning aid, need to go buy it again.

I just like to know if I had been doing the cleaning, if I was to send it to NSC, how can I get them to do a thorough check instead of just sensor cleaning?!?

Can dust be so accurate that t can always hit the same spots every time - right side only and at specific spots. I never had to do any sensor cleaning on my old D70 at all - and yes I do use F22 on that camera.

Cleaned mine last night using the Lenspen loupe kit. Nerve wrecking experience. But it wasn't as bad or difficult as I anticipated. Got most of the specks out. Still one tiny one left but decided to stop.

The kit is really useful and it works.