D7000 - Purple Line and Pixels

Viva

Mar 2, 2004

I took my D7000 to Hokkaido last week. For most pictures taken, there appear to be purple artifacts to the right hand side of the pictures. The most severe looks like a purple line as shown in the photo here. Less severe are those with purple pixel at regular interval along the vertical "line". This phenomenon happened in over 50% of my 1000+ shots...

Is this a problem with sensor? Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

I took my D7000 to Hokkaido last week. For most pictures taken, there appear to be purple artifacts to the right hand side of the pictures. The most severe looks like a purple line as shown in the photo here. Less severe are those with purple pixel at regular interval along the vertical "line". This phenomenon happened in over 50% of my 1000+ shots...

bring it to NSC for a checkup.. it's definitely not a problem that any1 can overlook. for the meantime, u can still save these photos by cropping off the right side to remove the purple lining.

I have almost the same issue,mine are multiple dots, not lines. Not sure if you have seen this, but do check it out, an advisory from nikon.

http://nikonasia-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6919/

That Purple Artifacts, it sounds like a Chromatic Aberration for me. It's due to characteristic of the lens, when you shoot on big aperture.

That Purple Artifacts, it sounds like a Chromatic Aberration for me. It's due to characteristic of the lens, when you shoot on big aperture.

dude, haf u actually seen the picture?

for every1's convenience, i'll link up the pic

purple5.JPG

CA occurs at contrasting boundaries..

however from the picture taken at ainu village (during their display show), it is apparent that the purple-pinkish streak of line is a sensor fault, more common in phone camera and first time i see it in dslr. :) get it check/replace, im guessing this is very apparent at high iso.

Wow it does look like a serious problem, perhaps due to sensor / processing. I am pretty certain that your warranty will be useful in this circumstance. Get it back to NSC asap!

bring it to NSC for a checkup.. it's definitely not a problem that any1 can overlook. for the meantime, u can still save these photos by cropping off the right side to remove the purple lining.

or just use content-aware for quick fix...

I read up that the d7000 got hot pixel issue. so not sure is it due to tat?

dude, haf u actually seen the picture?

for every1's convenience, i'll link up the pic

purple5.JPG

This is not definitely not CA issue or Hot Pixel issue.
This looks serious though, should send to NSC for a fix or a replacement, as the problem look like in the sensor itself.

Bro, you have just found another issue for the D7000 :think:

This is not definitely not CA issue or Hot Pixel issue.
This looks serious though, should send to NSC for a fix or a replacement, as the problem look like in the sensor itself.

Bro, you have just found another issue for the D7000 :think:

I tend to believe it's an isolated problem. Lemon set...

Thanks all.

You can see here too. For a more benign defects….it appears as a line of dots to the left hand side. You could see them clearly by max your brightness.

Sure the best to bring it back to NSC…

Thanks.

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php?photo=170652&cat=500
Hi.
Are u shooting raw? Appear on your camera LCD too?

Looks like your reader is trying to open using older format.
Mine was the same previously. Fixed by upgrading software.

Adobe camera raw and lightroom will not open d7000 nef without upgrade.
Other softwares will open with various similar artifacts.

It appeared both on the camera LCD, and as jpeg viewed in computers. They occurred at various ISO, even at low ISO 100/200, at f/8.0, and also happened for 2 different lenses.

I am heading to NSC later today…

Thanks for all the advice.

The sensor will needs to be replaced.

Sent to NSC, said need to check and monitor for up to 2 weeks. Given me a loan set interim. :)

For me, it's either the sensor or the memory card.

If you can format your memory card and try shooting again?

Can the purple line been seen from the LCD screen? Did the purple line appear if you change to another memory card?

If it stull persue then suggest you bring it down to NSC for a check, it's a functional issue in that case.

It's a shame that it happened during your Japan trip :(