D7000 match with wht lens?

DatukGong

Nov 19, 2010
Hi all I am newbie in dslr I would like to buy a d7000 but I dunno which lens should go for? My need is for traveling. So 18-200mm VRll or 16-85mm which Is better?

Or have all have any better suggestion? Anyone can comment on the 18-200 n 16-85 performance and image quality without PS. Thanks.

I read but stil dunno which is better haha
18-200 seen good in term of value for
Money but image quality without PS then dunno which is better

If you are looking for a all-rounder and dosent like to change/buy another lens. Then maybe the 18-200. Cant comment on IQ.
btw.. Head down to the stores and test them out? Thats the best solution.

Thanks to ur advise. For you what lens would u go for if the lens budget is below 1200?

Thanks to ur advise. For you what lens would u go for if the lens budget is below 1200?

I would prefer the 16-85VR over the 18-200VR, coz I've been more impressed with the optical quality of the 16-85VR.
Furthermore I have never really favoured >85mm on an APS-C camera (which the D7000 is).

My favourite combo is still a UWA, a fast normal prime (eg. 35/1.8DX) and a cheap tele-zoom (eg. 55-200VR) :)
but hey, that's just me ;)

Oo good 16-85mm focus fast? How bout in indoor ambient environment?

What mean UWA?

DatukGong said:

What mean UWA?

I find it fast, but didnt do any scientific testing :)
UWA = ultra wide angle
To me, <18mm for APS-C is considered UWA

DatukGong said:

Working ard ur budget, probably 18 270 tamron pzd. Or tamron 17 50 f/2.8 + a med tele zoom

Heard that tamron 17-50mm focus issue at low light

Bro again aps-c is ? Sorry I m newbie in dslr hehe

What mean UWA?

I haf the 16-85 and it focuses at a decent speed, but certainly not fast as compared to other cheaper AF-S lenses like 35 f/1.8G DX and 50 f/1.8G. It will also hunt sometimes in low light indoor situations especially at 85mm considering that its max aperture is only f/5.6.

Thanks for all the suggestion! It benefit me a lot. My need is traveling n some indoor ambient light shooting so 16-85 should be ok right?

One more question, if I using external flash in ambient indoor, can I get the pic with natural bright in faces n ambient color for background?

I saw some ppl taking with flash the background us dark the face is bright. @_@

Pair it with Nikon AFS 17-55 laa.. Match made in heaven

Thanks for all the suggestion! It benefit me a lot. My need is traveling n some indoor ambient light shooting so 16-85 should be ok right?

One more question, if I using external flash in ambient indoor, can I get the pic with natural bright in faces n ambient color for background?

I saw some ppl taking with flash the background us dark the face is bright. @_@

It's certainly possible :)
Depends how dark the background is, of course.
Getting a Nikon flash with the 'TTL-BL' (TTL Balanced Lighting) feature helps a lot :)
Essentially the exposure needs to be sufficient to at least capture some of the ambient lighting, and the flash power is reduced just enough for fill.