D7000 long exposure issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rain5533

Apr 14, 2009
S'pore, JB
www.flickr.com
Anyone have it issue on your cam?
My friend cam got it issue, used on smaller aperture and can't capture the lighting an turning to dark dark light, like the front cap didn't remove.
Even used flash the image still remain as 20% dark image output to compare mine.

What is the issue.
Shutter
Aperture
Sensor
Dunno..

Thanks your advise. The warranty is out already.

Last edited:
Anyone have it issue on your cam?
My friend cam got it issue, used on smaller aperture and can't capture the lighting an turning to dark dark light front cap not remove.
Even used flash the image still remain as 20% dark to compare mine.

What is the issue.
Shutter
Aperture
Sensor
Dunno..

Thanks your advise. The warranty is out already.

Do you speak English?

Oops felt said, you can't understand what i mean, even long exposure also dunno?

If you could describe your problem in proper and understandable English, it could help others help you.

Don't argue with you. If you have experience on this issue, in the 1st should know what is the happening on the problem of issue.

Normally how you shoot at night portrait?

Should be used on F8 to F13 right and slow shutter to capture all the lighting and become Brighter right?

But it is become cannot see anything and turn into black or dark output image.

Thanks

What was the long exposure duration used? what did the light meter indicate? perhaps you could post a shot of it with the EXIF data and we can have a look.

ReiszRie said:
What was the long exposure duration used? what did the light meter indicate? perhaps you could post a shot of it with the EXIF data and we can have a look.

Thanks, tonight I ask my friend post something here.

It can be...

1. An incorrect setting of ISO or shutter speed (using the Meter will help here)
2. A possibility that the aperture lever of the lens is faulty, but then you'll have issues in daylight too.

So in all likelihood it's a setting issue, though to know which one we would need a sample picture with full EXIF.

Don't argue with you. If you have experience on this issue, in the 1st should know what is the happening on the problem of issue.

Normally how you shoot at night portrait?

Should be used on F8 to F13 right and slow shutter to capture all the lighting and become Brighter right?

But it is become cannot see anything and turn into black or dark output image.

Thanks

When shooting night portrait, aperture should be open wide...

Rashkae said:
It can be...

1. An incorrect setting of ISO or shutter speed (using the Meter will help here)
2. A possibility that the aperture lever of the lens is faulty, but then you'll have issues in daylight too.

So in all likelihood it's a setting issue, though to know which one we would need a sample picture with full EXIF.

He just said, normally shot at f2.8 with shutter at 1/60s the photos still turning on dark like no lighting at all.. He he

For normal cam if shot at f2.8 with shutter speed can reach to 1/60s should be very sharp image.

But it one is just like in the dark room.

Just sound like light metering got issue

Last edited:
He just said, normally shot at f2.8 with shutter at 1/60s the photos still turning on dark like no lighting at all.. He he

For normal cam if shot at f2.8 with shutter speed can reach to 1/60s should be very sharp image.

But it one is just like in the dark room.

Just sound like light metering got issue

What metering did he use? Spot, Matrix, Centerweighted?

What ISO did he use? Did he turn on auto ISO?

Is he on Manual mode? or A mode? or S mode? or P mode?

So many unknowns. At F2.8 1/60s, if your ISO is at 100, it will still be very very underexposed at night in dark conditions.

daredevil123 said:
What metering did he use? Spot, Matrix, Centerweighted?

What ISO did he use? Did he turn on auto ISO?

Is he on Manual mode? or A mode? or S mode? or P mode?

So many unknowns. At F2.8 1/60s, if your ISO is at 100, it will still be very very underexposed at night in dark conditions.

He used ISO 100 and F13 to be slowly capture the night landscape.

Used in A mode.

But the image output is nothing. Just like the sensor has been block by front cap.

Oops will be shutter door can't open as normal?

Last edited:

Used in A mode.

But the image output is nothing. Just like the sensor has been block by front cap.

Depends on the scene also... if using A mode, maximum shutter will only be 30s. If the landscape scene is very dark, 30s might not be enough..

It will be best that either you or him post a sample picture here with EXIF.

rain5533 said:

Used in A mode.

At those settings you'll need rather long exposures to be able to see anything. Try 30s. :)

fmeeran said:
At those settings you'll need rather long exposures to be able to see anything. Try 30s. :)

I think is cannot achieved in 1/30s at only 1/3s and stop already.

The result is not be normal cam, ask him send to NSC to be settle ha ha

Last edited:
I think is cannot achieved in 1/30s at only 1/3s and stop already.

The result is not be normal cam, ask him send to NSC to be settle ha ha

1/30 is not the same as 30s

it might have been a case of insufficient exposure time

if there are any technical issues with the cam, you will experience issues shooting in daytime as well.

ReiszRie said:
1/30 is not the same as 30s

it might have been a case of insufficient exposure time

if there are any technical issues with the cam, you will experience issues shooting in daytime as well.

He got experience with it cam is same setting and used tripod and the image output not as same for pre output. The 1st one is very dark and 2nd shot be normal.

Or over exposure become very white at the background. And 2nd shot is ok.
The 1st shot have to delete.

Now is shot at 1/60s still under exposure.

Last edited:
night portrait F/8????

F/8 is a relatively small aperture, shouldn't you be OPENING up the aperture? Long exposure portraiture?

I'm afraid I have to agree that I am not sure what is going on here. Without knowing what is going on, any advice is just nonsensical because you could be talking about elephants and the answer is talking about a cow.

Last edited:
edutilos- said:
night portrait F/8????

F/8 is a relatively small aperture, shouldn't you be OPENING up the aperture? Long exposure portraiture?

I'm afraid I have to agree that I am not sure what is going on here. Without knowing what is going on, any advice is just nonsensical because you could be talking about elephants and the answer is talking about a cow.

For example here shoot with F22 is become the image very clean and clear right?

This is taken with D800
DSC_1659.jpg

But that D7k is very dark and can't see anything at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.