D7000 LCD Screen replacement cost?

casper84

Apr 18, 2011
Hi,

Anyone know the cost to replace the LCD screen protector? The LCD is still working but the screen protector embedded cracks when I dropped my D7000 while taking photo.

If I remember correct it should cost around $15. Personally I find those quite useless. Just get a good protector like the GGS. way better and clearer.

Hi,

Anyone know the cost to replace the LCD screen protector? The LCD is still working but the screen protector embedded cracks when I dropped my D7000 while taking photo.

I think I got my for 20 or less. Quite cheap.

the original Nikon LCD Monitor Cover is design to protect your LCD when the camera is not in use, you should remove it when you are using the camera, many people just leave it there all the time, of course this will get scratched easier, if you detach and attach it very often, it will get lose and lost it easier.

thou the grass is quite resist to scratches, but the cost of replacing the glass is much higher than a good quality screen protector like GGS or Martin Field.

hence I keep the Nikon LCD Monitor Cover in the camera packaging box, replace it with Martin Field screen protector.

Sorry to hijack the thread, my d7000 LCD screen seems to have intermittent flickering problem. Any idea if the screen is spoiled or? And how much to replace?

Sorry to hijack the thread, my d7000 LCD screen seems to have intermittent flickering problem. Any idea if the screen is spoiled or? And how much to replace?

It could be just a loose connection inside :dunno:

Anyway just for rough estimate, a new LCD sparepart will cost around U$30 online ... plus labor charge

Last edited:
It could be just a loose connection inside :dunno:

Anyway just for rought estimate, a new LCD sparepart will cost around U$30 online ... plus labor charge

OK, not too bad, thanks!