D7000 + dla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballwackers

Apr 19, 2007
Upper Bukit Timah
Can anyone point me towards the calculated diffraction limited aperture (DLA) for the Nikon D7000, and.... more importantly...

Can any D7000 owners speak up about their impressions shooting in aperatures smaller than f/8.0 (eg f/11)...

why?

I'm a Canon 40D user looking to upgrade. I am significantly disappointed in the 50D + 60D and the 7D does not appeal to me (DLA being a reason as i occasionally shoot f/8 or f/11.

5dmkII is logical but $$$$. considering D7000 and want to learn more about this.

thanks

perfect -that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

SO ... my interpretation from this is that at f/8 or f/10 if one pixel peeps there could be some diffraction. But does anyone have any practical use about this (eg photos with Aperture< f/ 8)

Uf you need a deeper depth of field, you will need to stop down. I'd suggest you choose the aperture you use accodring to the photos you take and not let diffraction lead you around. In actual usage, you won't usually see the effects unless you go f/16 or smaller.

well guess what Santa Claus brought me . . . a new Nikon. I'll take the advice from the last post and enjoy.

Soon will sel all my Canon equip ....:)

Welcome to Nikon world of photography :)

Status
Not open for further replies.