D7000 Discussion Thread III

I got the original batt from SLR Revo at $54 a month ago.

just got my d7000 from iphoto. confirmed and reconfirmed that it is a local set with the dude.

but the "service warranty" sheet says

model: D7000 HK SET
ditributor: NIKON SINGAPORE PTE LTD

so does this mean its a local set? thanks!

just got my d7000 from iphoto. confirmed and reconfirmed that it is a local set with the dude.

but the "service warranty" sheet says

model: D7000 HK SET
ditributor: NIKON SINGAPORE PTE LTD

so does this mean its a local set? thanks!

yap it is

any1 using manual movie settings to take video? does shutter speed has any impact on the movie? since movie mode doesn't require to release the shutter.

I am quite impressed by the AF capability of D7000. This was shot using the 3D tracking. Pardon my bad exposure.

totally agree with you on that, and i found our the AF Area mode setting make a different. I take a shoot with just single point of focus and Auto Area focus. Both shoot focus on the same place and the result i have here is Auto Area Focus give me a sharp pic compare with single point of focus.

Will try 3D if have chance :)

any1 using manual movie settings to take video? does shutter speed has any impact on the movie? since movie mode doesn't require to release the shutter.

Somehow, it does.

Also, I'm using manual mode, which I have fixed the ISO, Aperture and Shutter. However, the exposure seems to still adjust automatically.

I tried the AE-L button, but wonder if besides that any way to stop the auto exposure thing kicking in under Manual mode?

Last edited:
Somehow, it does.

Also, I'm using manual mode, which I have fixed the ISO, Aperture and Shutter. However, the exposure seems to still adjust automatically.

I tried the AE-L button, but wonder if besides that any way to stop the auto exposure thing kicking in under Manual mode?

not the camera manual on the mode dial. it's the movie manual settings under shooting menu.

Nvm, just realised I didn't set 'Manual movie settings' to On in the Shooting menu.

Yes there is...

Sorry not to explain here as I'm kinda tired now. Will do so if necessary tml. Meanwhile, I guess a video speaks a thousand words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9pHNK7LMTg&playnext=1&list=PL2BED3A24058B9BF8&index=19

Does this help?

not the camera manual on the mode dial. it's the movie manual settings under shooting menu.

Thanks. I figured it out after Googling again, which I couldn't find with Google when I was fiddling with the movie mode earlier on.

Yes there is...

Sorry not to explain here as I'm kinda tired now. Will do so if necessary tml. Meanwhile, I guess a video speaks a thousand words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9pHNK7LMTg&playnext=1&list=PL2BED3A24058B9BF8&index=19

Does this help?

seems like higher shutter speed is able to pause more motion....i dun really understand the theory behind as i thought the shutter is not moving.

seems like higher shutter speed is able to pause more motion....i dun really understand the theory behind as i thought the shutter is not moving.

seem that slower shutter seem more alive/natural to me...

Hi to all Bro & Sis.
I'm new to this forum and I'm very interested to get D7000 (body only).
I've been look around Funan and Peninsula malls but they all no stock for body only.
Sorry for my ignorance, may I know the exact location of Iphoto? So that I can quickly buy from there.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
UltraZero

Hi to all Bro & Sis.
I'm new to this forum and I'm very interested to get D7000 (body only).
I've been look around Funan and Peninsula malls but they all no stock for body only.
Sorry for my ignorance, may I know the exact location of Iphoto? So that I can quickly buy from there.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
UltraZero

IPhoto = Lord's.
They are same owner, just change the name only.
Lord's Camera, 304 Orchard Road #01-79 Lucky Plaza

IPhoto = Lord's.
They are same owner, just change the name only.
Lord's Camera, 304 Orchard Road #01-79 Lucky Plaza

Thanks a lot bro for the info.
Seems like the name i**** is getting popular, that's why they decided to change name to increase sales.
Just my 2cents. ;p

Thanks a lot bro for the info.
Seems like the name i**** is getting popular, that's why they decided to change name to increase sales.
Just my 2cents. ;p

That's why my nickname is jeff7id

Jeff = my name
7 = lucky Seven
i = I have already predicted that "i****" would get popular :bsmilie:
d = Nikon D series

Hi Everyone,

Have read review about D7000 which is very positive. Intend to get one.
Also understood that it can do metering on old manual focus lens which i have a few of them.

Has anyone tried it?
Lens like "e" series, Al 50mm f1.8, push pull zoom lens 75-150mm f3.5 etc,etc.
All lens above has aperture ring externally adjust.
Will the D7000 able to detect aperture set manually?

Thanks in advance.

No problem with old Ai lens. But not the older non-ai ones. There is a tab on the camera that can break if mount improperly. Download the D7000 manual on-line for more info.