D7000 and lens combo

calezero said:
thats for all the advice bros!
very helpful and i think i'll get only 1 lens to start with.

i've narrowed it down to these 3 since it fits my budget.

1. just get the kit lens (18-105)
2. Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM
3. Tamrom SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)

For the 50mm, i was reading a new f1.8G is coming out soon.
So maybe I'll wait for that to come out.

50mm get the f1.4 d or g.. More shiok than the f1.8 which so many ppl is selling everyday at the bns section.. Can also consider sigma if u dnt mind 3rd party.. I personally feels it's better compare to either the d or g from nikon.. But I dnt like 3rd party lens.. But for sure the sigma is one hell of a good lens..

daredevil123 said:
Just get the D7000 with the kit lens. Even if you decide to sell the 18-105 kit lens later, you will not lose much, since it will sell around for the difference in prince between the kit and body only price.

Shoot with the kit lens enough to learn and understand what lenses you really need.

Damn hard to sell the 18-105 at decent price.. Sold mine at only 260 1 shot old.. Still need to give free tripod..

calezero said:
yup! thats the reason.
before deciding to buy the D7000, i actually borrowed a friend's canon 450D with the 50mm to try for a couple of weeks.
I feel the 50mm focal length was abit too restricting for indoor shots....as highlighted by one of the bros here.

for the sigma 50mm f1.4....haha, abit off my budget

Sigma now brand new asking 750 about..
Used is 620 +/- 20.. one hell of a good lens.. Too bad I dnt like 3rd party..

I am currently using the setup of a D7K with tamron 17-50mm f2.8 (So far this setup is the most versatile, sharp, fast, nice bokeh)
got a 35mm f1.8 (only in controlled situation as i am still not well experienced in using prime) but the sharpest and the colors are by far the best i had.

And now i am looking into a zoom.
70-300mm sigma (Fast)
Yet to try the nikon.

Once i am used to the min zoom of 70mm, i will mostly be switching to 70-200mm f2.8

Anyone compared 70-300mm of nikon and sigma? can share the difference?

thats for all the advice bros!
very helpful and i think i'll get only 1 lens to start with.

i've narrowed it down to these 3 since it fits my budget.

1. just get the kit lens (18-105)
2. Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM
3. Tamrom SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)

For the 50mm, i was reading a new f1.8G is coming out soon.
So maybe I'll wait for that to come out.

i personally dnt like 3rd party lens..
alto i knw they can be better than original brand ones...
since your choice is 1 to 3...
i will take 3 over 1 and 2...
the constant aperture wins me over...

I am currently using the setup of a D7K with tamron 17-50mm f2.8 (So far this setup is the most versatile, sharp, fast, nice bokeh)
got a 35mm f1.8 (only in controlled situation as i am still not well experienced in using prime) but the sharpest and the colors are by far the best i had.

And now i am looking into a zoom.
70-300mm sigma (Fast)
Yet to try the nikon.

Once i am used to the min zoom of 70mm, i will mostly be switching to 70-200mm f2.8

Anyone compared 70-300mm of nikon and sigma? can share the difference?

Tried the nikon.. It focuses really fast and it's very silent too. Dont really hunt that much. (I still dont have the chance to try it under low light yet)

twisted illusion said:
i personally dnt like 3rd party lens..
alto i knw they can be better than original brand ones...
since your choice is 1 to 3...
i will take 3 over 1 and 2...
the constant aperture wins me over...

My 2cent humble opinion, 3rd party len very seldom perform as good as original.

I personally try to go for original len cos i know there wouldnt be or less likely ; focusing error, inconsistant exposure at certain focal length, inconsistant flash exposure problem, f stop not as accurately claim by manufacturer etc ; nikon f2.8 len may be a speed of 1/80, 3rd party len only achieve 1/60s.

Thanks for all the suggestion seniors!
Very likely I'll decide to go with the 17-50mm.

But I'll wait for next week's PC show to see if there are any good offers.

Wonder will there be the free 50mm promo again.

I personally try to go for original len cos i know there wouldnt be or less likely ; focusing error, inconsistant exposure at certain focal length, inconsistant flash exposure problem, f stop not as accurately claim by manufacturer etc ; nikon f2.8 len may be a speed of 1/80, 3rd party len only achieve 1/60s.

Haha i tink a lot share the same sentiments but the price is not that easy to swallow for everyone i guess. i've seen the 17-55 pixel deep and how great it can be..but costing 3x as much.. and arnd the same IQ without pixel peeping, not justifiable for me. just my 2cents too! cheers!

One got to weights the trade off.. Some third party give better pic while trading off in other areas.. For me personally.. I also prefer original..

Haha i tink a lot share the same sentiments but the price is not that easy to swallow for everyone i guess. i've seen the 17-55 pixel deep and how great it can be..but costing 3x as much.. and arnd the same IQ without pixel peeping, not justifiable for me. just my 2cents too! cheers!

To work away from your problem.. U can switch to 2 primes from the original brand.. One possible solution..

hi, i am also contemplating in buying a lens to cover the shorter range, i have the 70-200 which is kinda difficult to use for group shots. i have a 2k budget, prefer to buy new one. which one would be better?

1. nikon 17-55 f2.8
2. sigma 28-70 f2.8