ecurbw

Jan 27, 2011
Hi,

Just got myself a D-7000 with the following lens setup:

1) Nikon 18-105mm VR (kit lens)
2) Sigma 10-20mm UWA lens
3) Nikon 70-300mm VR (telephoto lens)
4) Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens

Wonder what other lens should i get? So far I shoot mostly landscape and buildings, though i dun mind shooting wildlife and animals too.

Friend suggest getting Nikon 35mm F1.8 lens and another friend suggest Tamron 16-50mm lens. Wonder if those lens are good? And any duplication of my existing setup?

Also dunno if i regret getting the 70-300mm since it seems like my hands are not very stable and my shots do not end up sharp even with the VR on.

Please advise me... Thanks!

seems like u are still not 100% sure what's you really want to shoot.

if u want to shoot wildlife, 70-300 VR is a good budget lens, 55-200 VR is alot cheaper though, but i think the extra 100mm will help u alot.
with more practice...sooner or later u can get shape image, so no worry.

for landscape..stick with the kit lens 18-105mm 1st.

1) 18-105 vr
2) 70-300 vr

for the time being.

Hi
Seems like you have got the budget.......;) good for you.
:)

Hi,

4) Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens

Wonder what other lens should i get? So far I shoot mostly landscape and buildings, though i dun mind shooting wildlife and animals too.

ur current setup is already enough for wad u usually shoot.

ecurbw said:
Also dunno if i regret getting the 70-300mm since it seems like my hands are not very stable and my shots do not end up sharp even with the VR on.

take photos at 1/(focal length) sec. for example if u shoot at 300mm, shoot at 1/300sec and above to get sharp photos without blur from handshake. bump up the iso if needed to reach tat shutter speed. d7000 is capable of shooting clean pictures at high iso anyway.

Actually you have very decent setup already. hmm, if still wana bbb, why not get the 70-200mm f2.8 VR?;p:devil:

*it's heavy, I'm not sure if more shake would be prominent using this lens compared to 70-300mm VR.*

Hi thanks for the info.....

To shoot in wildlife and animals, you may consider this lenses:
- 70-200 f/2.8 VR.
- 105 f/2.8 VR macro
The fast lens and additional VR would be a benefit for you.

For landscape and buildings, no worry. I think you have adequate lenses for it. Just shoot with a sturdy tripod.

Friend suggest getting Nikon 35mm F1.8 lens and another friend suggest Tamron 16-50mm lens. Wonder if those lens are good? And any duplication of my existing setup?

Its actually Tamron 17-50mm :) you sure have a nice setup for a shoot already you know..if you insist on spending, get a 70-200mm f2.8

Thanks for the info.

The 70-200mm F2.8 is too expensive for my budget though :cry:

Hi,

4) Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens

you already have more lenses than what you NEED, you can shoot many many kinds of subjects with what you have now.

a photographer can get all the lenses he can afford, but may still don't know how to shoot a subject decently.

try stay focus on just using one or two lenses, you will learn far better.

a skilled martial art master mastering in eighteen weapons, he didn't learn eighteen weapons at one time, but one weapons at a time.

Hi, care to share where you bought and how much you bought each component?
I'm looking to get a D7000 and am still considering the accessories to get. :)

D7000 bought for $2000.

The sigma 10-20mm UWA lens cost $750. Cannot remember cost of the other 2 lens. Misplaced receipt....

Hi,

4) Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens

Congratulations on getting your D7000 and lenses. You are well covered from 10mm to 300mm and you also have a great fast 50/1.8 lens. The usual upgrade will be the Nikon f/2.8 zoom lenses and f/1.4 prime lenses. You might be limited by your budget now. It makes more sense for you to take more pictures. Possibly consider a good tripod if you still in a mood to buy. Your next step would be more costly upgrade, which you may want to save up more.
Enjoy shooting!

Thanks all for the advice.

The next lens i am saving for is the 35mm F1.8. :)