D700 Overexpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
QQQQQzxc said:
Nikon have leave bad impression on me .

I think DSLR is not for you. Maybe you should stick to cameras with auto modes.

ZerocoolAstra said:
P mode, Auto-ISO and Auto-WB? :angel:

only thing is the flash won't automatically raise in dark environment. hehehehehe

Add auto area focusing and matrix metering.

But in the end it is the mindset of the user. If one is unwilling to research, experiment and want quick answers and blame the equipment, I seriously feel that photography is not something they are suited for.

Sell everything and buy a pns.

But in the end it is the mindset of the user. If one is unwilling to research, experiment and want quick answers and blame the equipment, I seriously feel that photography is not something they are suited for.

LX3 FTW? :thumbsup:

edit:
Seems that quite a number of ppl have the mindset that better equipment = better photos.
If only the equation was so simple eh?

Last edited:
daredevil123 said:

Sadly there are some people who thinks that getting good gear automatically means getting good pictures. Just blindly buy a 2nd camera without even knowing the basics.

I was in my room & i took a picture of my poster & its totally over expose . i think the metering system have problem !

I think the user or camera got problem la....

D700 users, all got no complaint - either you got a bad copy, or you need to upgrade yourself :)

Let say i use spot metering . If i want to focus a building . but i wanna have a correct expose for the whole scene . what should i do ?
I'm not really sure what you mean, but if the scene has bad lighting to get everything exposed nicely, e.g. backlit situation, then you will have to use additional tools like HDR to achieve your vision.

The usual way is to expose for the highlights, and then undergo shadow recovery (if you must use a single shot). Of course, if all of this sounds like gibberish, then you probably should still upgrade yourself if the camera is the problem (and I suspect it is not).

edutilos- said:
I suggest you rub the battery contacts, I heard the D700 really, really loves it at that spot!

How about the sensor? It's a sensitive spot ;)

I suggest you rub the battery contacts, I heard the D700 really, really loves it at that spot!

nono.. i believe the cpu contacts r then the sweet spot. improve communication between lens and body, then no more exposure problems!! :bsmilie:

I hear mirrorless cameras are about to take over dslrs. Suggest you switch systems to cut loss.

bonrya said:
I hear mirrorless cameras are about to take over dslrs. Suggest you switch systems to cut loss.

LOLLOL! :bsmilie:

bonrya said:

Hahahaha Bonnie FTW!! :bsmilie:

kei1309 said:
Leica M9 anyone? :bsmilie: with a piece of equipment that goes into the thousands... i'm sure TS will get FANTASTIC shots! :bsmilie:

Of course!! Even if people say not nice just tell them it's taken by an M9, their views will instantly change, who cares about exposure and composition right? Those are are for the poor people who don't have an M9 :bsmilie:

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS ? -.-

The metering is just different from canon . I never had problem with it . NOW I KNOW HOW TO FUNCTION THE CAMERA . IS GOOD ENOUGH -.- & I KNOW WHY THE HELL MY LENS FOCUS IS SOFT -.- BECAUSE IT SHARPNESS STARTS FROM 2.8 -.-

That is enough for this thread.

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS ? -.-

The metering is just different from canon . I never had problem with it . NOW I KNOW HOW TO FUNCTION THE CAMERA . IS GOOD ENOUGH -.- & I KNOW WHY THE HELL MY LENS FOCUS IS SOFT -.- BECAUSE IT SHARPNESS STARTS FROM 2.8 -.-
people here are judging a photographers by what he/she can produce with their cameras, not by what they say or what they own.

I suggest you spending some time reading the basic theory of photography, reading the camera manual, learn how to operate, how to make full use of what you have.

spend some quality time shoot with your camera, not with your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.