D700 new user - need guidance

cwxyz1

Mar 10, 2011
Hi fellow forumers,
I just bought a D700 over the weekend and am very eager to learn. Would any kind soul be willing to teach me all about the camera? I would like it to be in the form of a walk around and shoot teaching various exposures settings, subjects, lighting and preferably early morning and night included. All 3 meals and drinks on me (reasonably...). Btw, I'm using 35mm f/2 lens.

Please contact me soon. Thank you.

while waiting for ppl to contact u for outings / join outings organised at the gatherings and outings sub forums, u can

1) read up the manual n get familiar with the functions n buttons

2) then read up some stickies in the newbies corner.

3) if the info there arent enuf, u can try googling up for photography basics.

enjoy ur new camera

agree ... i gain alot reading up and hands on myself.
if you end up going back to the same spot 2-3 times ... you will find yourself getting better shots each time.

youtube has also alot of good info

first place to share with you
Photography Tips for Beginners | The Mansurovs

Hi cwxyz1, I am interested to buy new D700, can you share information where you bought? How much?
Thanks

Hello,
I bought my D700 from Cathay Photo for 2855 w/o gst cash. Get a e-quote from them and bring the email.

I am convinced that it's the best camera in terms of value and performance after mulling about it for a long time.

Hello,
I bought my D700 from Cathay Photo for 2855 w/o gst cash. Get a e-quote from them and bring the email.

I am convinced that it's the best camera in terms of value and performance after mulling about it for a long time.

called them this afternoon,D700 no stock til god knows when.And the price quoted me was $3100++...

Hello,

Nice price... are you saying that GST is waived?

called them this afternoon,D700 no stock til god knows when.And the price quoted me was $3100++...

Try your luck at tk or Slr if you intend to buy over this few days...

Hi fellow forumers,
I just bought a D700 over the weekend and am very eager to learn. Would any kind soul be willing to teach me all about the camera? I would like it to be in the form of a walk around and shoot teaching various exposures settings, subjects, lighting and preferably early morning and night included. All 3 meals and drinks on me (reasonably...). Btw, I'm using 35mm f/2 lens.

Please contact me soon. Thank you.

congrats on your purchase :)
It sounds like you're very new to photography.
You could join some of the outings but if it's an informal setting you may not learn as much as you want to due to the lack of personal attention.
Joining some courses is probably a good idea. It would cost more than what you're offering, that's all ;)
3 meals and drinks isn't really a lot, when you consider the time involved.

The most I can offer you is to tag along with me when I go shoot sunrise/sunset. Will go on Saturday morning, weather permitting.

You only have 35 f/2 lens?

You could join some of the outings but if it's an informal setting you may not learn as much as you want to due to the lack of personal attention.
Joining some courses is probably a good idea. It would cost more than what you're offering, that's all ;)

The most I can offer you is to tag along with me when I go shoot sunrise/sunset. Will go on Saturday morning, weather permitting.

ok lah bro 35/f2 shld be enough for him, just need to teach him basic mah, other than that can also teach him how to stitch the pics....

u didnt try other stores like SLRR or TK foto? IMHO i find their prices pretty competitive also

TK offering $3050 w/ 8gb card and something else,gst included. Looks like no more $2850 deal : (

yeah, meals prob not a enough but you get the joy of teaching others take good pictures right?

ok lah bro 35/f2 shld be enough for him, just need to teach him basic mah, other than that can also teach him how to stitch the pics....

hehehe
hope there's a kind soul out there willing to teach him :)

TK offering $3050 w/ 8gb card and something else,gst included. Looks like no more $2850 deal : (

I rmb TK always quote with GST what... so cheaper than cathay 2850 w/o GST...

u got ask them for mode of payment?

I rmb TK always quote with GST what... so cheaper than cathay 2850 w/o GST...

u got ask them for mode of payment?

Cash or NETS if i'm not wrong.

Read properly. $2850 is exclusive of GST. TK's price is GST inclusive.

They throw in an 8GB card / Kata 123-GO-10 NS backpack and a card wallet with the D700. I thought thee Kata bag was a good deal except for that Nikon logo on it and the fact that you haven't got much space left for anything else once you have the D700 in it.