D700 - my new toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightbrush

Apr 24, 2007
photoblog.com
After months of considering, finally decided to take the plunge and got myself
a D700 + 24-70 last nite...burnt a big hole in pocket. Just managed to open the box & test out the cam this morning...awesome camera/lens combination.

Some sample shots below.
(it's kinda soft after downsizing but actual image is sharp)

AtHome_Nov09-146-Edit.jpg

AtHome_Nov09-148-Edit.jpg

AtHome_Nov09-168-Edit.jpg

congrats on ur purchse!

he stole my camera!! omg you better give it back lor... hehe..

have fun with your new toy! wish i had such pocket like yours to burn.

That's a powerful combination. Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

Now you need the 70-200 f/2.8 VR II and 14-24 f/2.8 of course.

(Shouldn't this be posted in the Nikon sub-forum?)

what a toy you got yourself there!!!...
I can't even afford to burn my pocket, coz I will walk around without pants for months before I can buy a new pants!! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

enjoy your new toy :)

That's a powerful combination. Enjoy!

Thks Blur Shadow

Now you need the 70-200 f/2.8 VR II and 14-24 f/2.8 of course.

(Shouldn't this be posted in the Nikon sub-forum?)

haha...pocket all burnt out now...will take years to repair before I can afford
those :sweat:

what a toy you got yourself there!!!...
I can't even afford to burn my pocket, coz I will walk around without pants for months before I can buy a new pants!!

enjoy your new toy :)

Thks r00ki3 :bsmilie:

I envy you man. I was in Turkey last week and one of my tour group members was using a D700. Damn solid camera with superb high ISO performance. My wallet is already burnt till nothing left to burn liao if not I will really want to get a D700 too..

Great combo! :D

eh hi Aaron! It's me, Darren from the tour. I forgot my nick is tootsie ... darrenyap is my flickr account :sweatsm:

I envy you man. I was in Turkey last week and one of my tour group members was using a D700. Damn solid camera with superb high ISO performance. My wallet is already burnt till nothing left to burn liao if not I will really want to get a D700 too..

eh hi Aaron! It's me, Darren from the tour. I forgot my nick is tootsie ... darrenyap is my flickr account :sweatsm:

Thks guys. Yes, it's real solid but the combo is also real heavy! Need to work out more often :bsmilie:

Its the same combo as yours.;p Haha no wonder I couldn't find you on the forum, I keep searching for the nick darrenyap. Anyway how are you? You uploaded any photos of the trip yet? Sianz tomorrow its back to work already.:(

Last edited:
Thks guys. Yes, it's real solid but the combo is also real heavy! Need to work out more often :bsmilie:
You should consider the R-Strap ... hardly feel the weight :D

Its the same combo as yours.;p Haha no wonder I couldn't find you on the forum, I keep searching for the nick darrenyap. Anyway how are you? You uploaded any photos of the trip yet? Sianz tomorrow its back to work already.:(
I'm fine thanks. Been processing photos since Friday. I'm ALMOST done ... with day 1 ... HAHA! I've been uploading them on flickr. Will upload more on facebook once I'm done with day 1 ... hopefully tomorrow. How about you? You got a flickr account?

WORK TOMORROW! :thumbsd:

Pray your 24-70mm doesn't get the godawful grinding issue...

Congrats on ur new "toys"

It's a marraige made in heaven! They compliment each other so well. It's a killer combo!
And i admit cos the lens was on my cam for 50% of the time, and i m lovely it for walk abt, events and weddings!!!

Welcome to the FF family :)

Cheers!

Pray your 24-70mm doesn't get the godawful grinding issue...

Yup, check ur serial no. it mostly happens to those 299,XXX and before.

Any bros who have the grinding issue should bring down to NSC for them to check, if covered under warranty, they can fix the issue for u foc.

Thankfully.. Mine is 324,XXX, smooth all the way form 24 to 70. :lovegrin:

Yup, check ur serial no. it mostly happens to those 299,XXX and before.

Any bros who have the grinding issue should bring down to NSC for them to check, if covered under warranty, they can fix the issue for u foc.

Thankfully.. Mine is 324,XXX, smooth all the way form 24 to 70. :lovegrin:

Recently on DPR even those 324 one also kenna within 2-3 months... So I also afraid of my own 24-70mm getting that issue... No one is spared.

Congrats on ur new "toys"

It's a marraige made in heaven! They compliment each other so well. It's a killer combo!
And i admit cos the lens was on my cam for 50% of the time, and i m lovely it for walk abt, events and weddings!!!

Welcome to the FF family :)

Cheers!

Thks Numnumball.

Recently on DPR even those 324 one also kenna within 2-3 months... So I also afraid of my own 24-70mm getting that issue... No one is spared.

Thks for the alert Vulpix0r. Gonna check mine when I get home.

You should consider purchasing the vertical grip. Only catch is the battery, you need to buy a new D3 battery and charger (D700 charger is different). This will boost your frame speed from 5fps to 8fps. Great for fast action shots! Also very helpful for handheld HDR shots.

As someone mentioned, the Black Rapid strap will help carry all that weight.

Fyi... a friend of mine kenna that and NSC did a 1-1 replacement.. :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.