d700 and D3s replacement

Redsun

Nov 27, 2005
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Nikon users rejoice
its finally coming
from thom hogan
http://nikonrumors.com/2011/08/02/august-24th-nikon-d700-and-d3s-successors.aspx/

Nikon will announce D700 and D3s successors on August 24th, 2011. The D700 replacement will be available in Fall 2011 and the D3s replacement will be available at the beginning of 2012. Both will be produced in Malaysia. The D700 successor will have 24 MP, the D3s successor will have 18MP. Both cameras will have new AF-system and many new “astonishing” feature.

Thanks for the update

the astonishing feature is 'made in Malaysia' lol.

Last edited:
Maybe it can make coffee and popcorn while you take pictures... Or there is a "ceiling" on the number of photos you can take; afterwhich you need to apply to Nikon to raise the ceiling. :)

Can take 3D image

keen to know whats the “astonishing” feature is! (Maybe Nikon secretly worked with Lytro's camera for the end of out of focus photos!! :bsmilie:)
*looks at my D700* :cry:

Last edited:
well.. i still dun regret getting the d700. i ll swap it in for the replacement if there's 100% viewfinder though. 24mp is a lil over to top for me, but i ll be happy as long as my com keeps up. as for 'astonishing features', i cant image what else i d want.. perhaps interchangeable focus screens but thats about it. o and please let live view work when using the aperture ring for CPU lenses..

24th August is our date!!!

Dang, I'm now hoping they don't actually make it 24MP.

More MP usually will have more noise with higher ISO. I rather they have a much better ISO performance.

Don't mind getting the D3s as the ISO performance is great.

i just hope the d700 successor at least matches the 5DII in terms of video performance or i might have to switch camps. 1080p with 60fps available please!

I am just hoping they put the D3s sensor into the D700 replacement. I will be happy already.