D700 & 24-70mm

Nikon700

May 15, 2011
Hi , i'm using this setup for quite a while and i notice that whenever i try to focus on the subject's eye . it's already refocus and when the viewfinder blink red . which means it's in focus. i can't press the shutter and must have lots of attempt to release the shutter. i'm using single focus , and my setting is focus first then release.

Did you mean you focus first, then release trigger to recompose and try to fire off?

Hi , i'm using this setup for quite a while and i notice that whenever i try to focus on the subject's eye . it's already refocus and when the viewfinder blink red . which means it's in focus. i can't press the shutter and must have lots of attempt to release the shutter. i'm using single focus , and my setting is focus first then release.

The viewfinder blinking red does not mean it is in focus... It is only in focus when the focus indicator on the bottom is lighted up... (a green round dot).

You might be too near to ur subject try look on ur lens for the limitations.or use m focus