D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaipium

Feb 3, 2002
Braddell
Visit site
is it possible to view or preview the shot via the LCD screen instead of the view finder?

I have check all settings and either I have missed this out or it is not possible to do this.

Anyone can clarify this? THanks.

not possible on D70 ... confirm

You're not mistaken...there's no way you can preview or take a photo via the LCD screen. You can only review the photos taken on the LCD screen.

The reason behind it is that the CCD sensor is always closed and will only receive light when the shutter is pressed fully. The mirror will flip up revealing the CCD and hence the photo is taken.

i hope this helps and that I am not telling some bu115h1t! ;p

thanks guys for the confirmation. Thought so myself but just wanted to verify this.

Unless they design some new concepts that does not have the flip-up mirror blocking the CCD.

Not only not possible on D70, but also not possible on all DSLR.

talisman said:
You're not mistaken...there's no way you can preview or take a photo via the LCD screen. You can only review the photos taken on the LCD screen.

The reason behind it is that the CCD sensor is always closed and will only receive light when the shutter is pressed fully. The mirror will flip up revealing the CCD and hence the photo is taken.

i hope this helps and that I am not telling some bu115h1t! ;p

hmm... then compared to consumer digital cameras which can preview the shots on the lcd screen leh? wads the concept behind it ah?

cannot compare to prosumer or consumer.. cos is a DSLR.... else the price will not be same, and one thing "Lens changing".......it's also something like comparing a saloon car to a luxury car...

HeWolf said:
Not only not possible on D70, but also not possible on all DSLR.

guess again.. one DSLR maker has done it. It allows you to preview the shot like a P&S on the LCD before making the shot.

i sure there are ppl out there testing/researching out or makin the DSLR alreadi...
but then the cost of it will be diff. we will have to wait till the time comes and price drop.
"remember last time we thinking of talkin on a phone outside a building without a fixed line .... now we have mobile phone"

jnet6 said:
cannot compare to prosumer or consumer.. cos is a DSLR.... else the price will not be same, and one thing "Lens changing".......it's also something like comparing a saloon car to a luxury car...

another twist to DSLRs.. ;)
not all DSLRs have changable lens, some just have fixed lens that cannot be interchanged. :D

jonlou said:
hmm... then compared to consumer digital cameras which can preview the shots on the lcd screen leh? wads the concept behind it ah?

For these, the CCD is always exposed to surrouding light through the lens. So when you view through the lcd, it seems to be a live image of what the lens is seeing BUT with a small millisecond delay...cos it's from the lens (analog) to a A-to-D converter (digital).

You can do a search on google for SLR (read Single Lens Reflex) to learn more about it.

I hope this helps

You won't want the CCD to be active all the while and to use the LCD to preview. You're going to miss out on the speed of focusing.

yanyewkay said:
guess again.. one DSLR maker has done it. It allows you to preview the shot like a P&S on the LCD before making the shot.

I thought it's possible with the Fuji S3Pro? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.