D70 White Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

enyu

Dec 28, 2005
Noticed D70 auto white balance not so accurate especially when using speed light, i have to set it speed light manually in order to get it right, anyone having same problem ?

enyu said:
Noticed D70 auto white balance not so accurate especially when using speed light, i have to set it speed light manually in order to get it right, anyone having same problem ?
Something new to me...
How you set the speed light manually to get more accurate white balance? by adding CC filters on the flash?

enyu said:

Did you mount on your speedlight and shoot without turning on the speedlight or your the batt in your speedlight is out of juice.

The only time my WB went off is when i mount my speedlight on my cam and did not turn it on. ;p

don't share any of your experiences. i've used my d70 with the old sb80 and new sb800 speedlights, no problems with auto wb (mine is set to auto -1).

putting a switched-off flash on my cam never affects the wb!!!

No problem with mine too.

leaving my D70 white balance in "Auto" and in "Flash" makes quite a bit of difference especially the skin tone. :cry:

2 different settings that is why. Even in Flash setting, the difference in Flash power will also give you a different skin tone.

i always use cloudy, it makes the pics warmer as i like it

thks everyone; will continue to try and learn.

flash wb is for situations where flash is the dominant light source, e.g. studio shooting. if flash is mixed with other lighting or just fill-flash, i think auto is better. (actually i ignore the flash wb setting since auto works just fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.