D70 users please come in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tky

Jan 22, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Just got my D70 last nite from MS Color. After charging the batt, I was playnig with it. I notice a fine vertical line from the center focus point [ ] all the way down to the bottom of the viewfinder. Here are a few observations:-
- line disappear when camera is not power on.**
- line is straight and starts from the lower '[' of the focus point.
- checked focus screen with no lens attached - no problem.
- line appears regardles of focus grid is on or off.

Any fellow D70 users notice the same line on their viewfinder?

Thanks!

Hi tky it is normal to have that fine line when the focus view is select. It is even stated in the manual. :bsmilie:

Thanks burnaway.. :embrass:

Just got the cam last nite and haven't gone thru the manual. :sweat:

Now, I'm gonna thumb thru the manual. So far I think my cam is ok, no dust issue, no bf (maybe got gf - great focus or girlfriend, up to you to intepret) :bsmilie: I hope I don't have to make a trip back to the shop.

Thanks!

burnaway said:
Hi tky it is normal to have that fine line when the focus view is select. It is even stated in the manual. :bsmilie:

I believe the S2 Pro and F80 and D100 has that 'problem' as you described.

Thanks for the sharing.

Another thing which I notice when I'm in 'A' mode is that shutter speed goes very quickly to "Lo" when the meter reading reads below 1/4s. Any inputs on this? I find this a pain as I'm used to seeing the shutter speed reading even if it goes all the way to 30 secs on my film cam.

Anyone can enlighten me on this? Thanks!!

p/s: I tested it non scientifically by slowly tuning my light switch dimmer down and metering (with focus lock).

Status
Not open for further replies.