D70 User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenji

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
alexq.multiply.com
Just wonder that those who have more than 3 lens, each lens comes with different diameter. So you all get each filter for each lens? And for 50mm f/1.8 lens, should i use UV filter or HMC better?

es0teric said:
Just wonder that those who have more than 3 lens, each lens comes with different diameter. So you all get each filter for each lens? And for 50mm f/1.8 lens, should i use UV filter or HMC better?

Yes all my lenses have a UV or skylight filter.. and yes.. the 50mm f1.8 should have a filter..

Can I know what is the difference between UV filter and HMC? When do you need this Filters and for what purpose? I would really appreciate if you can advise me. :)
es0teric said:

Can I know what is the difference between UV filter and HMC? When do you need this Filters and for what purpose? I would really appreciate if you can advise me. :)
gadrian said:
Yes all my lenses have a UV or skylight filter.. and yes.. the 50mm f1.8 should have a filter..

UV and HMC are different thing. UV sumply is a clear Ultra-Violet filter that does nothing essentially but suppose to cut down haze. Most of us used it as a protection. HMC is a term used by Hoya for Hoya Multi Coated to simply indicate that it is a multi coated filter. There are however different grade.

nikor_d said:

Skylight filter is similar to UV but have a slight pinkish cast to it to reduce the blue cast of daylight to give a warmer picture tone. Some people also use this as a protection filter. I would prefer a UV to skylight.

es0teric said:
I use filter as protection. But what is sky filter?

:)Thank you so much.
Dennis said:
UV and HMC are different thing. UV sumply is a clear Ultra-Violet filter that does nothing essentially but suppose to cut down haze. Most of us used it as a protection. HMC is a term used by Hoya for Hoya Multi Coated to simply indicate that it is a multi coated filter. There are however different grade.

Nice to have met you at the "nikon council"
Actually quite a cool place to talk.

Did get the date wrong but a least manage to meet with you Still considering the 12-24lens. :think:

But better take it easy first

Idworks said:
Nice to have met you at the "nikon council"
Actually quite a cool place to talk.

Did get the date wrong but a least manage to meet with you Still considering the 12-24lens. :think:

But better take it easy first

:nono: :nono: Idworks :kok:

BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Only when the price drop for all the DX ranges :bsmilie: ?????

espn said:
:nono: :nono: Idworks :kok:

BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.