D70 user - flash problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
whenever i pop up the Flash or use SB800, using aperture priority mode, i cannot change the aperture using the dial. the shutter speed will auto change as normal tho.

when i pop down the flash or not using SB800, i can dial the aperture just as normal.

is it a problem?
:dunno:

grado

Dec 28, 2003
It sounds like it is a problem. Is it really in Aperture Priority mode? Maybe have to return to service centre to check if so...

Dennis

Jan 24, 2002
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
Did you check your dial mode setting ??.
May have been accidentally reversed in the custom menu.

Paul_Yeo said:
whenever i pop up the Flash or use SB800, using aperture priority mode, i cannot change the aperture using the dial. the shutter speed will auto change as normal tho.

when i pop down the flash or not using SB800, i can dial the aperture just as normal.

is it a problem?
:dunno:

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
yes. i specifically set to AV mode loh.

but it performs ok when there is no flash unit or no built-in flash.

geoyip

Mar 29, 2004
www.activemediastudio.com
Did experience SB800 not communicating with D70 problem a while ago, see post here:

My post indicated wrong flash, shouuld be SB800
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=79918

Brought down to NSC and was fixed after cleaning contacts with their cleaning solution, not so sure if yours is a communicating problem, but u can check to see other fuctions are communicating like iso etc, my totally no communication

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
it does not happen to SB800 ALONE, it does also to built-in flash.

when i have SB800, it DOES communicate with the camera, when it is standby, i can wake it up by the shutter release, changing of focal length will be reflected in the SB800 LCD etc.

the ONLY problem is that the f stop in aperture priority cannot be changed that's all.

when i use FLASH (be it internal or external), the shutter automatically change to 1/60 and then the aperture value is fixed.

the shutter value will change accordingly to light.

gooseberry

Mar 11, 2004
Central West
Sorry, but to just double check...

Do you have the camera in A mode ? and are you using the sub-command dial (the front one) to try and change aperture ? (and you have not reversed the operation of the command dials in the custom settings menu ?)

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
nope. haven't reversed the command dial. bcos when i am NOT using flash, the aperture can be changed to f8 in aperture-priority mode.

but when using flash, the aperture is fixed as if it is in P mode.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
no solution lah.

it is just me meddlig with the command dial thing in the customised menu. hee hee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom