D70 trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

D2Hpeter

Dec 20, 2003
Visit site
Hi, anyone know where to rent a D70?
Like to hv a hands-on personal feel before committing the $, though comments on it has been good so far.
thanks.

According to your nick, shouldn't it be a D2H? Heehee.

Drop by Nikon Council, althought can't be loaned home, but you can have a feel of it there. I believe some fellas do bring theirs (of course 144 consecutive shots testing is not encouraged :bsmilie: )

Cheers. :)

espn said:
According to your nick, shouldn't it be a D2H? Heehee.

pardon for the misrepresentation :sweat: that is still a dream...not financially but more on my present photography skill level which may still not be as compatible :bsmilie:

btw, what is this Nikon Council? is it some kind of CIG [common interest group] or something like that? pardon my ignorance.

D2Hpeter said:
pardon for the misrepresentation :sweat: that is still a dream...not financially but more on my present photography skill level which may still not be as compatible :bsmilie:

btw, what is this Nikon Council? is it some kind of CIG [common interest group] or something like that? pardon my ignorance.

Yes its a group of blokes that get together for coffee and share experiences on Nikon equipment.. We usually gather from 6pm onwards at Spinelli's Coffee at Peninsular Shopping complex next to Ruby.

D2Hpeter said:

As gadrian has already replied on my behalf :) some people think of NC as a Can*n bashing ground... well.. attend to find out! :devil:

espn said:
As gadrian has already replied on my behalf :) some people think of NC as a Can*n bashing ground... well.. attend to find out! :devil:

To be true.. we welcome all users to drop by (rite Garion?).. being it Canon or Nikon or Pentax or Minolta.. just bear in mind that its more Nikon oriented.. hence the name.. Nikon Council..

We have members in our group that also shoot medium format and large format too.. yupp.. still film users.. not all digi digi digi..

i am also 1 of those thinking of sinking in 2100 for a d70 but having some reservations abt it. not that i've seen bad reviews abt it, but i've made a bad choice choosing my current cam so afraid to make another dumb plunge

acetylcholine said:
i am also 1 of those thinking of sinking in 2100 for a d70 but having some reservations abt it. not that i've seen bad reviews abt it, but i've made a bad choice choosing my current cam so afraid to make another dumb plunge

I hv just made the plunge this morning :sweat: $1990 bf gst. Pray hard that it would not be a dumb one.

D2Hpeter said:
I hv just made the plunge this morning :sweat: $1990 bf gst. Pray hard that it would not be a dumb one.
Welcome to the D70 family :bsmilie:

D2Hpeter said:

Bought it already, why pray?? Just enjoy it!

I bought one last night. First impression, VERY PLEASED with it :)Battery now charging cos I didn't charge last night.

First time Digital user, so there is a lot of things I have to pick up.

I just walked into MS Color and asked if they had stock, they said they had 6, 4 were reserved and 2 were available, so I took the package which was priced at $2288. Package includes D70 Kit, 512 MB CF Card, CF Card Reader, Tripod, Nikon Camera Bag, D70 Remote.

Is it a good deal? To me it's quite an ok deal, since I would have had to buy the CF cards and stuff separately anyway.

Love the feeling of walking into MS Color without reservations and walking off with a D70 Kit!

Now to eat Roti for the next year.

Silverelf said:

I bought one last night. First impression, VERY PLEASED with it :)Battery now charging cos I didn't charge last night.

I just walked into MS Color and asked if they had stock, they said they had 6, 4 were reserved and 2 were available, so I took the package which was priced at $2288. Package includes D70 Kit, 512 MB CF Card, CF Card Reader, Tripod, Nikon Camera Bag, D70 Remote.

Is it a good deal? To me it's quite an ok deal, since I would have had to buy the CF cards and stuff separately anyway.

Love the feeling of walking into MS Color without reservations and walking off with a D70 Kit!

Welcome, silverelf :bsmilie:

Silverelf said:

Very Pleased indeed, enjoy it very much esp the iso1600.
I think yours is quite a good deal. I got it from pirisilk in HollandV [actually was just strolling around and happened to see they got 4 or 5, and can't resist the temptation so flash my gold card and grab]. Price was 1990 bf gst got a kingston 512 for 168 and a remote for 28.
BTW, for the remote, this guy gave me a ML-L1, wonder if it could do the job...though it should be ML-L3?? have not try using it yet...which is yours?

D2Hpeter said:
Very Pleased indeed, enjoy it very much esp the iso1600.
I think yours is quite a good deal. I got it from pirisilk in HollandV [actually was just strolling around and happened to see they got 4 or 5, and can't resist the temptation so flash my gold card and grab]. Price was 1990 bf gst got a kingston 512 for 168 and a remote for 28.
BTW, for the remote, this guy gave me a ML-L1, wonder if it could do the job...though it should be ML-L3?? have not try using it yet...which is yours?

I am not too sure which remote it is as it happens to be out of stock and I am supposed to go back to collect it :) If I have the remote now I will bring my D70 to take pictures of the fireworks tomorrow!!!

Good things come to those who wait. Still in D70 heaven (and a huge broken pocket and screaming Credit Card)

HI guys

At Cathay, one can use the OCBC credit card and pay $2100 for a D70. :thumbsup:

You can choose 6 months or 12 months instalment interest free; this way u wont feel the pinch of paying all in one shot :D

wah more & more D70 users, imagine line up a few D70 and hit the remote...... all snap together :D ... tio boh ? :dunno:

jeff49er said:
HI guys

At Cathay, one can use the OCBC credit card and pay $2100 for a D70. :thumbsup:

You can choose 6 months or 12 months instalment interest free; this way u wont feel the pinch of paying all in one shot :D

Er... I was looking more for 24 months instalment interest free.... :sweat: :sweat: :p Which also means - I might have to get it at either HN or BD or Safe....

Hua Luo Han said:
wah more & more D70 users, imagine line up a few D70 and hit the remote...... all snap together :D ... tio boh ? :dunno:

Yeah man.... agreed!! phantom shots!

Wah ... I just bought myself a D70 too yesterday... the packages i saw I feel i ganna raped.... i mean ripped off by CP. Bought from them $2400 with std package and Sandisk 512 Ultra. ;(

I am still a noob to DSLRs.... hope ppl guide me along here :)

The D70 is impressive :thumbsup: , but can anyone PM me what better lens to go along with for higher zooms maybe up to 200mm? 3rd party lens will do too... but i am still darn new. Pls guide me... Thanks! :embrass:

look4mi said:
Wah ... I just bought myself a D70 too yesterday... the packages i saw I feel i ganna raped.... i mean ripped off by CP. Bought from them $2400 with std package and Sandisk 512 Ultra. ;(

I am still a noob to DSLRs.... hope ppl guide me along here :)

The D70 is impressive :thumbsup: , but can anyone PM me what better lens to go along with for higher zooms maybe up to 200mm? 3rd party lens will do too... but i am still darn new. Pls guide me... Thanks! :embrass:
Cheap and good zoom lens.. 70-300 Sigma APO ... has macro functions too :)

ard ~350 for brand new I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.