D70, KM 5d or Oly E 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsisaxon said:
D70s - I don't believe in that Olympus optics are any better than Nikon's. Moreover, Olympus accessories are very expensive. KM is an option too but you can weigh the differences and if possible get to try them out first before making a decision.

I own a OLy7070WZ...well not a DSLR though...personally i think OLY's service support sux...

Lens and accesories expensive, limited range of lens, and the exclusive 4/3 system...

I'm also undecide on what DSLR to get...now pretty incline towards D70s...btw how's nikon's service support?

not too bad i can say.. i only been to canon's.. support side..

My 2 cents worth now: Still KM? You guys do know what is happening, right? KM is shutting down its entire photographic division and selling only its DSLR to Sony. At the very least, no development for the next 1 year.

Nikon just moved (see "Today" paper, etc) to a more accessible position at Fuji-Xerox (formerly IBM) Building in Tanjong Pagar. Service has always been professional for me.

In years to come, Nikon's sensor size can grow when it reaches its limitation, 4/3rds cannot.

I am not so sure about the "no development for the next 1 year" :think:

zcf said:
I am not so sure about the "no development for the next 1 year" :think:
When a major line is in transition, there is a lot of uncertainty and other issues. In that environment, what ever is near RTM (release for manufacturing) will go ahead, but during that time, people may jump ship, etc. Management would not go ahead with anything for at least 1 year; who would take responsibility for approving a multimillion dollar development project?

Case in point: what major improvements to Thinkpad has come out since Lenovo bought over from IBM more than 1 year ago (Dec 2004)? The tablet don't count as it was about to release when it was announced

zcf said:
how about handphone like Sony Ericsson :think:
Sony Ericsson? It is an old joint venture between these two companies that started about 4+ to years ago... It took them somethink like 1 year before their product came out.

How does this acquision of KM's DSLR/lens affect them? Nothing. It is to merge with Sony's existing digital photography line. KM is now totally out of the photographic business.

Watcher said:
Sony Ericsson? It is an old joint venture between these two companies that started about 4+ to years ago... It took them somethink like 1 year before their product came out.

How does this acquision of KM's DSLR/lens affect them? Nothing. It is to merge with Sony's existing digital photography line. KM is now totally out of the photographic business.

Not exactly true. KM still had DSLR business, it only transfers partial DSLR assets to Sony . The A mount is not dead yet it just Sony taking over it and rebadge as "Sony" brand. The next DSLR is still designed with KM and Sony engineers and produce at Malaysia plant but it would be a new Sony brand. Just as what some websites interviewed saying that Sony DSLR will probably on this Jun/Jul as the team has started this plan some time back when KM announced to lend Sony wth A mount. Yeah! :thumbsup:

tokrot said:
Not exactly true. KM still had DSLR business, it only transfers partial DSLR assets to Sony . The A mount is not dead yet it just Sony taking over it and rebadge as "Sony" brand. The next DSLR is still designed with KM and Sony engineers and produce at Malaysia plant but it would be a new Sony brand. Just as what some websites interviewed saying that Sony DSLR will probably on this Jun/Jul as the team has started this plan some time back when KM announced to lend Sony wth A mount. Yeah! :thumbsup:
I hope the marketing is good and drives a strong competition. This will 'hopefully' also drive the prices of every other brand down. :thumbsup: competition is good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.