d70 in bangkok

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobo

Nov 21, 2004
hey guys am going to bangkok soon, was thinking of bringing my cam there...d70..any advice?.....especially safety, dun wanna get the cam stolen or worse burgled!.....any other advice u guys can throw in my direction would be much appreciated.

Well...put it this way...anything can happen anywhere.....your ludgage, your wallet, your watch, your sunglass etc is also the target of a thief if you are bad luck......will that deter you from travelling? :dunno:

Excercise some common sense and you will be safe......many people came home safe with D70 in Bangkok including myself :thumbsup:

Big Kahuna said:
Well...put it this way...anything can happen anywhere.....your ludgage, your wallet, your watch, your sunglass etc is also the target of a thief if you are bad luck......will that deter you from travelling? :dunno:

Excercise some common sense and you will be safe......many people came home safe with D70 in Bangkok including myself :thumbsup:

well said :thumbsup: or you can bah-zhangised your d70 hehehe

I thnk its safe like a rock to bring the d70 there..been there twice with the d70..just be careful as per anywhere..

Thailand is a rather safe country and the people there are friendly, however wrt to any other countries...a dash of common sense will greatly help.

I felt safer in Thailand than in Europe. :)

definitely agree..istanbul at night was intimidating for me..as compared to bkk..

I brought my D70 to Bangkok as well. So far, everything seems fine. Worse, I don't put on neck strap. Just holding it on hand and walking around taking snaps. We just have to be careful lah. Take your camera as if it is your life. I you should not be worry about it being stolen but instead, worry about it being dirtied, wet, dust, sand, etc... :)

I went to BKK with a bunch of friends. No pics to take...! it was a shopping trip.... =x like serious shopping man...

hahha... other than that, i found the city to be safe, of course with precautions taken and all that... i walked around with EOS33/2lenses and a crumpler bag =) P.S no gaffer tape.

Often you'll hear this...
One nine nine?
too expensive!

Hi,

Wanted to ask those who went to Bangkok what lenses did you use frequently :) Wondering if I should bring just some more commonly used lens hee :D

I would say, bring a wide angle to medium telephoto lens. You will use this most of the time. If you have space and weight to spare and can afford to be a little troublesome, equip yourself with another long telephoto lens. This will allow you to capture images far away where your wide to medium telephoto cannot achieve.

I am assuming that you are just taking snaps. :)

haha toking bout safety....my brother brought my digital camera (canon powershot a510) to bangkok just a few weeks ago and it got pickpocketed...But it might be his carelessness which led to this i dunno....you decide;)

Hope to capture some nice moments, maybe their street life too... Probably falls under Snaps rather than anything... :bsmilie:

Buy a big pouch for your camera lor. Those that can "hug" your skin very tight one. I did that when i went KL. I separated my camera body and lens, put it at 2 different pouches.

Honestly guys, Thailand is pretty safe for you guys... Besides, I've been living in Bangkok for about 7 years and its really safe here. Bring your camera along, people won't be bothered because photography is quite a common hobby here, so don't worry about your D70 or any other camera because other people will have the same or higher spec equipment with them all the time.

Cheers,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.