D70 Hang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin

Mar 5, 2004
Tanah Merah
Hi guys.....a couple of times I was shooting.....the shutter hanged.....in the sense that i press on the shutter button....focus is achieved...heard the beep sound......but shutter wont release upon full press.....
Happened to me twice already.....

Also...another problem I encountered.....when i focus under low light conditions.....the focus assist lamp comes on.....i release and half press a couple more times....maybe abt 6 times....then the focus assist lamp refuses to come on anymore....it just blinks once....and thats it....

Anyone encounter all these with their D70....?

I don't. Maybe you didn't really focus yet?

hori said:
I don't. Maybe you didn't really focus yet?

I remembered hearing the beep sound......then i fully pressed on shutter....but no response from camera.....

:confused:

Robin said:
Hi guys.....a couple of times I was shooting.....the shutter hanged.....in the sense that i press on the shutter button....focus is achieved...heard the beep sound......but shutter wont release upon full press.....
Happened to me twice already.....

Are you within the minimum focusing distance? That is, between you and the subject, is it less than the minimum focusing distance of the lense?

AJ23 said:
Are you within the minimum focusing distance? That is, between you and the subject, is it less than the minimum focusing distance of the lense?

I cannot quite recall....but I am pretty sure I heard the beep sound.....if its less than minimum....the beep wouldnt sound rite.....?

I got the fright of my life when I full press and the shutter wont fire.....Thought battery weak or what...but battery was full.....

Also...the focus assist lamp problem also very funny.....

:dunno:

I guess I will have to do that......too many strange things going on...

Anyway...first things first....will send the D70 back for calibration tomorrow...for backfocussing....

Anyway...read thru the manual......

Clarified the focus assist lamp problem.....

It states in the manual....than with consecutive use of the assis lamp.....it will switch itself off momentarily to prevent overheating of the lamp.....

Its supposedly a safety feature....

:)

AJ23 said:
:think: :think: :think:

That's strange. Maybe bring to Nikon Council and ask them for help? :)

Ya .. so when the next Nikon council tell Robin to bring it down, you dude would surely really have fun .... :D :bsmilie:

KNIGHT ONG said:
Ya .. so when the next Nikon council tell Robin to bring it down, you dude would surely really have fun .... :D :bsmilie:

........................................... :D :D

linse said:
Maybe you ran out of buffer memory?

No way....cause I was not in continuous shooting mode....I was shooting frame by frame with quite a few seconds interval......

Was the focus dot on the viewvinder lighted? I was having similar situation couple of days ago, but then after trying several times, I realized that the focus dot was not illuminated, meaning that it's out of the focus range. The beep didn't sound though....

Shut off the beep sound and try again.

Robin said:
No way....cause I was not in continuous shooting mode....I was shooting frame by frame with quite a few seconds interval......

Is Nikon D70 had information pertaining to low lighting? What mode used when u trying to shoot? M,A, or P.... Was it beeped because of out of focus? Wrong setting?

KNIGHT ONG said:

I will be there tonight, just FYI... :)

3 possible reasons (personal encounter):

1. U are out of the minimum focusing distance. The D70 will refuse to trigger if iit's out of the focussing distance.
2. U could have set yr camera or lens to manual focussing. When the camera is not in forcus (unless u r in manual mode on the D70) it will not trigger.
3. The AF illumination light will only come on once when u depress the trigger button to allow it to focus in dim lights. After it has all the exposure info, the light will not come on again. Unless of course, if u change the setting or foocusing distance on the lenses. This means that if u change anything that is different from the original setting, the AF light will come on again when u half depress the trigger button to focus.

Hope that helps....

Another reason is that if you are shooting with flash, the flash may not "charge up" that quickly between shots, so the shutter does not release.

also, watch the minimum shooting distance...it's abt 35cm for the kit lens.

hope this helps.

the shuttle issue already stated in D70 manual. you just need to press the shuttle release again to resume it. I encountered once with my VR lens. I have didnt notice about the a/l, normally i will just switch to MF to DIY.

The af Assist lamp is like that.... ok 1 time ok 2 time you keep trying to turn on the AF assist lamp like a torch light it dosen't allow it to turn on anymore haha.... as Robin has said to prevent it from blowing. i owe a D70 too and use it as a torch once in a while hehe. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.