D70 eye piece. lost it! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubawun

Mar 24, 2004
Yishun
hi guys,

lost my d70 rubber eyepiece ......
any idea where i can get a replacement? or do i have to go to Nikon SG?

thanks!
scubawun

acroamatic

Mar 13, 2004
Bishan
deadpoetscave.com
Check this out.

Also available from TCW and maybe from sykestang.

Plenty of D70 and D100 (and even a few Canon 10D users, i believe) here on Clubsnap have it, and it's much better than that useless piece of rubber you've just lost.

sbl616

Feb 28, 2004
scubawun said:
hi guys,

lost my d70 rubber eyepiece ......
any idea where i can get a replacement? or do i have to go to Nikon SG?

thanks!
scubawun

hi the eye piece part number is dk-16... bought from tkfoto at $5 last month... call them to check...

bernards

Feb 17, 2004
Dear D70 bros and sisters. I have something to share regarding the ruber eyepiece.

I have the three piece rounded eye cup solution. I used it once, removed it and never touched it again. It's terrible. The viewfinder quality drops, some information is blocked if not positioned optimally. Even when I am positioned perfectly, I find it uncomfortable. All these for $45, what a waste of money.

I was shooting at Sungei Road the other day and saw one stall selling camera bits and pieces. Out of curiosity, I dug one of the boxes containing all sorts of containers and plastic bits and pieces. I picked up one piece of rounded eye cup, check'd it over and noticed it seems to be a good fit for my D70. I then proceeded to try it out. Woa. Beautiful fit, not perfect, but way better then I will ask for. Unfortunately there was only one piece in the box, as a consolation, I dug out a piece of DK-5 as well. Both items cost me 50 cents each. Oh la la. Beat that.

The rounded eye cup has the word 'FUJI' one the top side and 'JAPAN' on the bottom. Anybody know where to get more of this eyecup? Anybody know where I can find the Fuji distributor or service center? Thanks.

D70 with a normal eyepiece rubber. Good for spectacle users.

Back view of the rounded eyepiece I found.

Front view

Mounted on the D70.

Side view mounted. It doesn't look like a perfect fit. But it won't drop off easily. I had done at least 4 street shoots with this eyepiece, it's still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.