D70 Exif - missing ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waz

Sep 19, 2003
Hi all,

This is a well known fact that the ISO setting is missing when the Photo is viewed using regular software like Photoshop (in PC) and iPhoto (in Mac).
Well at least, this is the application software I used.

I wonder if those that had upgrade their firmware have solved this missing ISO setting displayed(?). (In particular for iPhoto).

Actually, I do not like the Nikon software bundled with the D70 (for PC and Mac)

Without the ISO setting displayed, novices like me find it very hard to keep track of the different settings for the best exposure.

thx

Hi,

I used this software in PC:

PS Element - it is there.
PicturePerfect - it is there.
Exif Viewer shareware - it is there.
XP properties - it is there.

The fact is not known to me and ISO setting information is there all the time, you probably want to check you setting or only happen to iPhoto.

Hope this help.

It's mostly there until you edit with a third party like PS CS which overwrites the information like lenses used & ISO and you save.

If you edit with the NC4.1 or NV6 total EXIF information is saved including ISO & lenses used.

For D70, they put the ISO in the another section rather than the main section. So some apps like Neatimage or Exifer cannot see it. Some do show "additional" section, like ShowExif. I now use a combi of Exifer and ShowExif.

espn said:
It's mostly there until you edit with a third party like PS CS which overwrites the information like lenses used & ISO and you save.

If you edit with the NC4.1 or NV6 total EXIF information is saved including ISO & lenses used.

it's not true for my case. i used PS CS to edit but the missing ISO info problem still exist!

Firstly, Photoshop's save to web function will resize the image to 72 dpi and strip its EXIF and meta fields.

If you are using an un-updated version of PS CS. Please note that it saves its meta fields (including EXIF) in XML format, at the moment only Adobe app will be able to see them.

Adobe has since updated and restore the old non-XML based format due to many users complaints.

copycat said:
it's not true for my case. i used PS CS to edit but the missing ISO info problem still exist!
Dude, read my reply again.

Status
Not open for further replies.