D70 Colour Saturation

Status
Not open for further replies.

poptart

Jan 16, 2006
What colour setting do you have your D70 on? I find my colours come out a bit dull. Any ideas!?

just set to enhance will do. or you can load a custom curve.:)

Colour mode 1,
saturation - enhance,
Shoot Raw, adjust everything later.
trust me yr colours will come out veri nice!

there are 3 colour modes in the D70. if you are using computer to view / edit, best to stick to sRGB, choosing aRGB would leave pictures looking a little flate on the computer.

I (sRGB)
II (aRGB)
III (sRGB - more green for landscapes)

Or perhaps most of your pictures were taken on "days of low contrast / dull", etc

generally i feel that a level of pp is needed with the d70 bcoz the in camera processing for jpegs dun seem to good....

imho...better to shoot raw...then convert and enhance at the same time if u are that affected.....the computer algorithms are alot better imho..

cheers

Instead of custom curve, maybe you can try setting the image to Vivid color in the menu mode and see whether do you still like it.

Personally, I would not try cc (first) but instead 'play around' with the custom fuctions that controls wb, sharpening, contrast, tone, etc. The beauty of a DSLR (not too sure if non-DSLR has it) is that you have so much manual control over the camera.

Of course, one is free to download a cc and have a better starting point. It's your choice.

U might want to try the Optima curve. It is a contrasty curve and it give very nice color straight out of the camera. But because of the high contrast, i guess u will lost some detail. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.