D70 Cannot switch On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis said:
Got mine the first day it was out in Feb and touchwood, no problems at all not even with back focus.

Yup, hope yours will remain OK. Just heard about another early adopter having to send in his D70. As I was saying with my comment earlier - it's not meant to say that all early batches will have a problem, I'm just saying that of the ones I've heard of having the problem, it seems to be only the early batches.

i think it is too early to conclude that the problem only occurs to those who bought the early batch, cos it only appears after 9~10 month of usage, (apparently those who bought the early batch start to have problem from December onward).

...let's wait for 1~2 mths to see if any cam other than 700XXXX series got this problem.

what I am worrying is ... the FPU is design to last ~10 mths only...

Dam it, the memory card access lamp keep blinking on my D70 today. Guess got to sent it to Shiro for service. :angry:

why i keep seeing all kind of error report here and there for D70? is it true? yes/no? where is nikon's QC/R&D?

Cyberian said:
Dam it, the memory card access lamp keep blinking on my D70 today. Guess got to sent it to Shiro for service. :angry:

When did you buy your D70? Feb/Mar 04 also? :)

Sorry..this is abit off topic since you guys are talking about warranty. I bought from AP sim lim square and the warranty card is not filled up. So is there any where i can play cheat by putting the purchase date to a later date?

bigtummy said:
Sorry..this is abit off topic since you guys are talking about warranty. I bought from AP sim lim square and the warranty card is not filled up. So is there any where i can play cheat by putting the purchase date to a later date?

The first time I sent my D70 for a firmware upgrade, they wanted to look at the purchase invoice even I have the warranty card with me..

bigtummy said:
No, Nikon will honour warranty by receipt AND warranty card, either one that goes missing automatically voids the warranty.

:( same problem here, i even charge the battery full and try it on again. the cf light keeps on blinking and menu won't display for less than a second. bought mine at best denki at Mar '04. 1 month left for warranty so i guess better have this problem now than after the warranty right.

Pinoy_SAP said:
:( same problem here, i even charge the battery full and try it on again. the cf light keeps on blinking and menu won't display for less than a second. bought mine at best denki at Mar '04. 1 month left for warranty so i guess better have this problem now than after the warranty right.

If bought from big department store like Best Denki you should have also bought the 3 years extended warranty from them. So total got 4 years warranty cover should be quite safe liao.

Hi All,

I had a different problem with my D70 months ago, the symptoms were quite similar to those some of you described (such as inability to read CF-card, menu doesn't function etc). However, I realised that it was my own stupid mistake that resulted in this.

It all happened when I tried to slot in my CF card into the compartment whilst in the dark. When it didn't seem to slide in nicely, I insisted that I got it right and pushed it in with a slightly greater force. This caused two of the many pins in the compartment to bend and touch. When I got home and managed to get decent light, I saw that two of the pins were now entering the same pin-hole in the camera, even when I slot the CF-card in the correct way!

Anyway, I brought it back to Nikon and they repaired it.

I suppose the problems most of you are encountering are of a different sort, but for those who are as careless as I was, do shine a light in to check. Just to rule out this possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.