D70 Battery??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiemus

May 21, 2004
Small island....
Anyone tried using the Eastgear batteries on their Nikon D70?

EastGear EN-EL3 (1400mAh 7.4V) for Nikon D70, D100 SGD$29.95

What's the performance like? Any complaints?

Or is anyone still doing an MO for original Nikon EN-EL3s? ;p

Adiemus said:
Anyone tried using the Eastgear batteries on their Nikon D70?

EastGear EN-EL3 (1400mAh 7.4V) for Nikon D70, D100 SGD$29.95

What's the performance like? Any complaints?

Or is anyone still doing an MO for original Nikon EN-EL3s? ;p

Have been using one for months now ... seriously NO PROBLEMS at all.
Good as original. Same capacity.

Same here for me....no issues so far. ( Fingers Crossed )

The recent MO for the Nikon EN EL3 (by ESPN) was for 78$S per piece. MS Colour quoted me 79$S for the EN EL3...so that would be one option to check out.

cheers

Gorby

I am also using east gear EN-EL 3 for my D70..Can last me 249 shots.
More than enough.... hehehehe :thumbsup:

Just got it one also. Have shoot more than two hundred shots.... Battery still in full bar. So far so good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah..me too. 374 shots +- some deletions and still in full bar! :thumbsup:

Just got my EastGear bat today at CW better price than stated.....$28.00 :thumbsup:

bip916 said:
Just got my EastGear bat today at CW better price than stated.....$28.00 :thumbsup:

u meant CW as in Camera Workshop?? hmm.. din know they're selling that cheap..? :think:

300 shots per battery seems a bit little...

Eastgear bat performs just slightly below original. For the price, it's definitely worth it. :thumbsup:

Please note: if you're using microdrive, don't expect your bat to last as long compared to using a solid state CF.

I am using microdrive and the east gear battery... no problem getting more than 300* shots....;)

Same old stuff... why risk a few thousand $ equipment for a saving of $50???

If you can afford to own a $2k camera, why not the extra $50 for a original battery.

Furthermore, Nikon would void the warranty if the camera is spoilt by a 3rd party battery. How would they know?Simple, if you bring in a burnt power circuit camera, one could easily tell from the battery compartment burnt contacts, and if you cannot produce a original nikon battery with the carbonated burnt battery contact, it only proof that a 3rd party party other than Nikon original battery is used to caused that short-circuit.

Not to mention that a Litium-ion battery have its own circuits on the battery itself. This circuits and chips on the battery serve various functions:

1. Protection of short-circuit by regulating the current output

2. Reports of the battery status and state to the charger so as to prevent overcharging. This info will also be sent to the camera body to report a more accurate status of the battery when use. Note that Litium-ion battery can be charged as and when you like. Unlike NiMH which can only be charged when it reports low, else you might spoil the battery or shorten the life.

Personally speaking, I've 4pcs of original Nikon EN-EL3 and thru experience, each battery can last me abt 600-800+ shots before it reports low. This range depends very much on the type of lens used. For eg, when I use the AFS80-200 f/2.8 lens, each battery lasts abt 600+ shots. Whereas if I use a prime lens like AF50 f/2.8D, the battery seems to last forever at times over 1000 shots.

The 3rd party battery that was being mentioned here last abt 200-300+ shoots is way too little. Either there is some problems with the Litium-ion Circult for reporting incorrect data to the camera or the battery cannot hold charge.

Do consider twice. :think:

The above is my personal feel and findings. It acts as a form of advise and is not targeting at anybody. :)

I have to agree with Sykes here.. all the batts here seem to be under performing.. I have seen D70's with Original EN-EL3 pushing 1.5K with normal operations using the 18-70..

300-600 is a far cry from the 1.5K I have seen.. even on the more power hungry D100.. the EN-EL3 can last past 800-900 shots.. with the 70-200 on full VR and AF-S.. it can last about 700 shots.. which is very good. with the 50mm I have push my D100 to approximately 1.1K..

I have tried 2 EG EN-EL3's.. and I can even match the same performance.. now.. with less power.. meaning carrying more batts to meet the same performance as the Originals.. meaning having to purchase more batts.. eventually will come to the same cost..

Go Original.. especially with the EN-EL3

Status
Not open for further replies.